• Your video of the Basenji-500 is great, i love your pics as well,
    Shelley

• Great video definition of "B-500". At higher speeds they bounce off walls and everything in their path, occasionally 'spin out' and slide across a floor on their back or side, pretty funny.

• To add a little more visual to the description of a B-500 that has already been given, our Basenji actually gets horizontal and hits the back of our couch when he is running his B-500. So its like a Race Car being able to ride high on the bank of a track because of the speed involved.

Jason

• … Or one of those kids on skateboards that goes up in a big arc near the top of the concrete .. I swear one day Gossy will go right over the couch!

• I didn't have a video camera when I had 3 B's!! They used to raise the dust in the house, run along the back of couch,,,not the top of it, sorta like those motorcyles do in those round things. lol The little girl I have now,,,races circles on the bed, flat out!! She doesn't have a play mate yet,,,,still in the works!

• Shaye has Basenji-500 episodes at least twice a day - usually just before she goes down for a nap and goes to bed at night - like she needs to get rid of all that excess energy before she can plop down and sleep. Pretty funny when she forgets not all doors are open and bounces off them - just to bounce right up and continue her race! Love the video -

• It's expected with this breed. 😃

I occasionally will see Kananga go full speed across the tiled floors and he'll forget that he does not get any traction, sending him sideways or face first into the wall. He still has a smile on his face when he gets back into action.

• Here's Trinity & Denver winding down from a B500 rampage. 🙂
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhSABvj8mKs

• @RedVelvetLynx:

Here's Trinity & Denver winding down from a B500 rampage. 🙂
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhSABvj8mKs

Too funny. 😃

• Congo once did a flip off the couch when he was doing his 500. As soon as hit hit the ground he kept on going. It didn't even faze him.

• Houston

I am so glad I searched what B-500 is. Otis does it too, especially around the chickens freeranging in the back yard. It is hilarious, around and around. Our other dogs just sit down and watch him go…funny. They try to keep up with him but eventually they just peter out. Our Schnorkie, Luna she tries to give him a run for the money and she is good at keeping up, but then her body says otherwise...pooped out. B-500, so that is what it is called...
    Basenjimamma

• Houston

Ok one more thing, it totally fascinates me how these dogs are running full speed and NO yealping is coming out of them, really cool. My two other dogs run too, but yealps and barks incessantly (spelling?). It drives us crazy..but Otis is fast and quiet, a beautiful sight and sound.
    Basenjimamma

• Wow, that is so good to know that my Noel is not crazy. She also does the B-500 and it is hilarious. So it is just not for puppy's?? Older B's also do this?

• @Gabriel:

Wow, that is so good to know that my Noel is not crazy. She also does the B-500 and it is hilarious. So it is just not for puppy's?? Older B's also do this?

Definitely not just for puppies…
    All 3 of mine (2 adults, 1 pup) are free to do the b500 indoors until furniture starts getting moved or knocked over...then they are sent outdoors! It is pretty funny having Liyah (5mo pup) be the chasee because she runs under furniture as well as on top so it keeps the adults guessing where she will come out! :D:D:D

Suggested Topics