Skip to content

"Free" Basenjis =/

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • 1 Votes
    18 Posts
    6k Views
    eeeefarmE
    @B5004EVER , sounds familiar! Yes, they do like to make themselves comfy at your expense. One of mine liked to sleep horizontal across the bed, leaving my husband and me to cling to the edges, as you describe. Another caused us to almost die.....laughing. The covers were pushed up, and when we moved them we discovered her sleeping on her back, legs in the air, little butt right next to our heads! Hysterical! But most of the time our Basenjis were trouble free sleeping companions, although on occasion they did snore....
  • Scottish / English Basenji Sitters?

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • "The Cleaners"

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    torchsongT
    She-Ra helps clean off the Peanut Butter knife (held so she won't cut herself (even though it's a butter knife I've heard stories)) when I'm done with it. Gonna have to try the mashed potato beater this Thanksgiving (it's her first…she's seen this big bird in the fridge but can't quite figure out what to do about it! :) ).
  • The "Look"

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    lissthorL
    Basenji seem to be the masters of the non-verbal put down. And I also agree with Basenji Boy's comment, reminds of that bumper sticker: the more I know of people, the better I like my dog. What is the correct plural of Basenji? 'Basenjis' or 'Basenji'? A Yodel of Besenjis?
  • Who gets "groomed" by their "B's"?

    Basenji Talk
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    15k Views
    nobarkusN
    If I put my arm around Nika when we're on the couch and my hand rests on her leg, she'll lick my hand for 10 minutes.
  • "A Tired Basenji Is A Happy Basenji"

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    23k Views
    WeLuvBasenjisW
    I have found that if I take my B to doggie daycare (even if it's only for half a day), she is ehausted when I bring her home. She will let me do the dishes without any basenji help! She also tends to treat our doggie friends a little nicer when they come around. Having a worn out basenji is deifinitely worth the $15!!