Skip to content

Mucky, Muddy Basenji!!

Show Off Your Dog

Suggested Topics

  • Biker Basenji

    Show Off Your Dog
    12
    7 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    helle deviH
    THANK YOU for this!!!! :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: Snazzy outfit, Ms. Fonzarelli!
  • Is she Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    You had me confused and then I realized you meant the write up on the other rescue (Okapi)… I like less white also. So I had to go look... wow, coloring reminds me of minpins. :) Cute dog though.
  • Is this a Basenji Mix?

    Show Off Your Dog
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    CrazySenjiC
    @Buddys: Actually, my first B was found running around and was not altered. Always a possibility since the canine need of procreation is pretty darn high up there with food, water, and air…... Oh I'm sure it does happen and will continue to happen but I just don't see it happening as much as rescues claim it happens. I know for a fact some shelters (the one I worked at did!) will label dogs as rarer breeds to get them adopted faster. We had two scruffy "doodle" mix mutts and the animal warden INSISTED they were Wired haired pointing griffons. LOL.
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    MothM
    Congratulations :) What lovely dogs!
  • Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    P
    I agree with the others that although he seems to have Basenji in him - his head is def. not Basenji. As for the leg I'd have it amputated if it troubles him - He'll cope with 3 legs I'm sure, but certainly consult a specialist first. Please keep us updated.
  • My basenji Ty

    Show Off Your Dog
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    13k Views
    KanangaK
    Actually, Ikea is my first choice for a new couch. Only because you can easily buy the replacement covers/parts ahead of time and keep them handy for "future repairs". I thought about leather, but I fear the costs to have it repaired in the future. My B only does some "digging" where he likes to sleep.