• Not just for a living, but in general as in hobbies, kids, whatever.

I don't have a job right now, I go to the Sacred Heart University here in Puerto Rico, I'm studying education in English for middle school with a minor in psychology. I also love martial arts, have done many of them before but long story short I had surgery on my shoulder about 6 months ago from an injury I took in judo. Now I'm better, not a 100% but a lot better and I'm taking boxing and kickboxing classes. Today I was sparring with this guy who's really good and he gave me what we call a spinning back fist… it wasn't that bad 🙂

Here's a .gif of the back fist, keep in mind we were wearing head gear and boxing gloves.

God bless.

• Well, its not my cup of tea, but I think your very brave to put yourself into an area where you can be hurt.
    I would say thanks for sharing, but not sure its really true.
    No offense meant.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Well, its not my cup of tea, but I think your very brave to put yourself into an area where you can be hurt.
    I would say thanks for sharing, but not sure its really true.
    No offense meant.

LoL, I understand that. But most people see these sports as just plain violent, when the truth is martial arts is probably the best way to channel you energy into a right path and make the best out of your self. It's not about being brave or getting hit, it's about discipline and commitment to something. Once you get out of one of those 2 hour training sessions you feel living the rest of your life is a piece of cake, I guess that's why I like it so much.

No offense taken btw 🙂

• Danny, I get beaten up at work daily, so thank you for understanding I was not trying to be mean!
    Laugh.
    I only hope it all goes well for you in the ring.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Danny, I get beaten up at work daily, so thank you for understanding I was not trying to be mean!
    Laugh.
    I only hope it all goes well for you in the ring.

Hahaha, thanks alot.

And BTW I think someone forgot to say what they do even while mentioning work >_<

• I work at the post office. I deliever the mail.
    I love the customers I give the mail too…just not the awful postal system.
    Its wasn't that way when I started, 15 yrs ago, but its turned into a place no one
    should be working.
    So, if I can stick it out for 6 more years, then I can retire, and do basenji rescue for my next "unpaid" job.
    Laugh. Hope your not sorry you asked...

• @sharronhurlbut:

I work at the post office. I deliever the mail.
    I love the customers I give the mail too…just not the awful postal system.
    Its wasn't that way when I started, 15 yrs ago, but its turned into a place no one
    should be working.
    So, if I can stick it out for 6 more years, then I can retire, and do basenji rescue for my next "unpaid" job.
    Laugh. Hope your not sorry you asked…

PLEASE, I worked at a fast food place before, I'm not rich… I'm just lucky enough my mom puts up with me and pays for my education, if not who knows what I'd be doing right now.

And delivering mail can't be that bad, and I've heard the pay is pretty good to.

• I'm a Drug Dealer… ;)LOL!!! Sort of... I am a Pharmacy Technician!:D:D

• High School Science Teacher until June and then we will see what job I can get since I was one of the unlucky few cut because the budget sucks.

• Him-health care, kite builder, tinkerer, hiker, daydreamer
    Her-restaurant business, reader, hiker, animal lover (spoiler)

• @lvoss:

High School Science Teacher until June and then we will see what job I can get since I was one of the unlucky few cut because the budget sucks.

I'm sorry Lisa…I hope it works out that you can stay in education if that is what you want to do.

• I'm the principal graphic designer at a trade show & publishing company. I'm focused mainly on print design (marketing collateral, ads, brand identities…that sort of thing).

For fun, I downhill ski (not this year due to a serious back injury...glad I didn't buy my season pass), sail (used to race seriously, but now I just go for fun), ride my road bike hundreds of miles :D, and last summer got my motorcycle license (gas prices made it no longer weird for a woman - me - to ride a motorcycle). Oh, and I am addicted to Formula 1 - hence my screen name.

One sport I've really wanted to learn...fence. Once my back is back in shape I'm going to give it a try.

• I work for the State of Michigan and I actually regulate professional boxing and professional mixed martial arts events held in Michigan. Currently we only regulate pro boxing and are working on our rules to regulate pro MMA. Thanks for sharing the video. Personally, I prefer boxing over MMA. Hobbies include my 2 B's, going to the gym, biking, skiing (down hill & cross country), baking, reading and I am just learning to knit.

Linda

• Danny delievering the mail is the best part of the job, and I like my customers a lot.
    Its just the management of the PO that makes a good job hard with lots of micro managing.
    Hope you find your forever job soon.

• I'm a museum curator in a natural history museum and a forensic botanist.
    Too many interests to list them all here (used to participate in shotokan karate) and many center around the outdoors.

• I have a really boring job compared to everyone else…

I just work as a Receptionist and Administrator for a fairly small office. Not the most exciting work, but lovely people and we have fun!

For hobbies i do my dog showing! Before that i was very much into horse riding and used to do Showjumping through the winter and Eventing in the Summer. We were quite successful with that!! Sadly a car crash which messed up my knee pretty badly put an end to any career i could have had doing that 😞

• @lvoss:

High School Science Teacher until June and then we will see what job I can get since I was one of the unlucky few cut because the budget sucks.

On NO!!!! I hope you find something great…fingers crossed.

• Well, my former job was interesting…I was a zookeeper for over 10 years, mostly mammals, and towards the end of that career I specialized in primates. I also trained dogs at a local school for years as an additional part time job. I left the zoo when our first son was born in '03. A few years ago, the training school closed, so I started my own dog training and behavioral consultation business. But that has slowed down considerably with the birth of our twins in July. So mostly I am a stay at home mom right now. I am in the process of getting the business up and going again...but the economy is SOOO bad in our area, it has been difficult.

What do I do for fun? I can't really remember 😉 I love doing stuff with the dogs when I have some spare time. Everything pretty much revolves around kid and dog activities here...we used to go to movies, before you had to take out a 2nd mortgage to afford the movie AND popcorn AND soda...ugh.

• Credit Manager for an Ophthalmic/Surgical Microscope company, 26+ yrs

• @wizard:

I'm a museum curator in a natural history museum and a forensic botanist.
    Too many interests to list them all here (used to participate in shotokan karate) and many center around the outdoors.

OMG! That is too cool!!! DH, Tim is a botanist also. He is writing a flora of the Oak Openings region (Oak Savanna)…well, he has been working on it for years, but it will be done some day! For a day job he is a wetland scientist for a civil engineering company.

Suggested Topics