Charlie (questions for Basenji owners!)

• My B must have been very displeased with me on Sunday. He had 3, yes 3, "Angry" pees inside. He never has accidents and he can go 8-10 hrs easily with no problem. I gave him a lot more attention the next couple days and he has been ok. I honestly believe they use that as a method to display their anger. Maybe he wants to spend more time with you while you're at home? I know that was my problem. Didn't help I was busy all day Sunday and didn't pay much attention to my little boy. Oh how they can control our lives. 🙂

• I agree that medical testing should be done if this continues…
    I am wondering how long the walks are a day?
    Where did you b' come from? If I can ask.
    Many of us find we are related by basenjis, when we start to talk about where we got them.

• Welcome! Very pretty boy! I have no additional input on the peeing, but I will say, 2 basenjis are definitely better than 1! I don't think you'll find many on here who disagree.

• Welcome to our pack! I agree about the concern should it continue. But "angry peeing" is not uncommon. Nice looking beastie!

• Welcome to the forums and good luck with resolving the pee-ing problem… Charlie is adorable and (other than his current "P-problem") sounds incredibly well behaved for a Basenji!

• Welcome to the pack! Your boy is a handsome one 🙂

Dallas is good about not peeing in the house when he's angry. If anything, he'll just get a little bit snarky.

However, he does have this thing where if he is in the car alone, he will pee. I have gotten out of my car to the point where he could continue to watch me. Heh. I watched him too. I watched him look right at me, walk over to the passenger seat & pee…A LOT. It's like the floodgates opened up. Oh & did I mention this was after he had just gone pee before I put him in the car. I was only going back to the front door to lock it!!! :mad: Oh and I can say, this little revenge of his was EXTREMELY difficult to handle when I was driving from Florida to Maryland by myself!!!! I think I only went pee myself once or twice because I knew as soon as I ran inside, I'd come back to find he had peed in his crate.

• Congo has only done the angry pee once. We wouldn't let him up on the couch because we didn't have a cover so I put his bed next to the couch. Anyway, he went over to his bed, made sure we were looking at him and then peed all over his bed.

• Hello & welcome. Good looking b. Like the gum commercial - double the pleasure, double the fun!! Not sure what to say about the p-ing issue but I agree with other replies to ahve him checked should it continue.

G

• Hey, thanks everyone! I think it might have been an "angry" pee now that I think about it… My husband was out of town so I was only able to take him on one walk rather than two ( I have a toddler and it's freezing outside! ) So he might have been upset. To answer one of your questions he gets a 10 to 15 minute walk in the morning and a 20 -25 minute walk at night. He pulls the ENTIRE time but then lies on the floor exausted when it's all over.. ha! 🙂

• My pup does the angry pee thing too. She's done it several times when she's very displeased. The last time it happened I was visiting my sister. Her roommate has a lab that Shelby, of course, fell in love with. We left for a few hours and had to crate Shelbs. The other dog got to roam free. I came home to her comfy mat (in her kennel) shredded up and peed on. She pooped thread the next day. She was super p.o.ed!!
    Why are so many Bs SOOO alike?? I feel like when I read about the Bs on this forum, I'm basically reading a story on my own!!

Suggested Topics