Skip to content

A new playmate

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • New basenji book

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Okay, that link gave me a book about a Rottweiler. So I kept reading and see Checkmate had a section, but not whole book. Yeah, what a great name! Here is a link to the book cover so you can see Checkmate! http://www.amazon.com/What-Heidi-Knows-Gemma-Tamas/dp/1462871720/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1319985518&sr=8-1
  • Finding Kismet a playmate!

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    7k Views
    E
    I've decided on the name Faithful. It's the name of a cat in one of the series by Tamora Pierce, great read btw if ya like young adult fantasy type. Just didn't want a name bunches of pets might have like Mojo.
  • A basenji playmate?

    Basenji Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    lvossL
    Markie, I think when adding a basenji to an existing household, it is most important to just get out and visit with lots of breeders and meet their dogs. Some families of basenjis get along great with other dogs and others are not as good. You really just need to be up front about your expectations and do some visits to see how the dogs are. That way you find a breeder with the temperaments you like and they know what you need in a pup and can match the pup with your household.
  • New Member

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    J
    Thanks for your replies. I've started giving Sonia Glucosamine w/ MSM every day and we'll see how she does. I'll give you an update in about a month and let you know if it's helped or not.
  • New to site

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    nala121498N
    Welcome…no breeding info. from me, but I'm certain you'll get lots of feedback and have fun with others who share your passion for Basenjis! I got mine from a NH breeder and we live in VT. Enjoy!
  • New dog???

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    QuercusQ
    The only thing I would be concerned about with a Dachshund would be the possiblity of it having some back damage with the rough play of a basenji…or even trying to do the same acrobatics that Bs do. I have known some folks who had a lot of problems with disk and spine problems with Doxies...but I don't know if that is typical. Something to think about though...