Skip to content

New Addition

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • New Basenji!!

    Basenji Talk
    19
    3 Votes
    19 Posts
    17k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @rugosa LOL on the pig ear. But it's not just a basenji trait. One night it was storming and one of my rotts was fixated on one of the bedroom windows. I looked, there was a toad on the screen! The dog was so intense about wanting to get to it, my daughter went out in the rain and moved it from the window. From then until she died, day or night, I had to let her in the bedroom when it stormed to make sure the once-in-a-lifetime visitor wasn't there. They think more than many people give them credit for.
  • New basenji

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    11k Views
    G
    And I think that clicker training is the BEST way to train a Basenji. -Joanne
  • New Basenji Friend!

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    S
    didn't realize the kjaanbutt was spam sorry!
  • Happy New Year

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    Rita JeanR
    Happy New Year. No more new snow but we still have plenty on ground. Rita Jean
  • New AKC Breeder

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    tanzaT
    @etzbseder: Did anyone else get the email about the new issue of the Breeder? The second story on the email has a picture of a basenji and is from Reveille Basenjis. Just wanted to point that out. That would be Damara Bolte, she is a officer of BCOA, besides a judge, breeder, handler…. The article was from AKC
  • New dog???

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    QuercusQ
    The only thing I would be concerned about with a Dachshund would be the possiblity of it having some back damage with the rough play of a basenji…or even trying to do the same acrobatics that Bs do. I have known some folks who had a lot of problems with disk and spine problems with Doxies...but I don't know if that is typical. Something to think about though...