Skip to content

A new playmate

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • New basenji

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    11k Views
    G
    And I think that clicker training is the BEST way to train a Basenji. -Joanne
  • New pictures

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    ?
    What a sweetie. Jolanda and Kaiser
  • A New Appreciation Of My Basenjis

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    K
    So so true Lisa!!! What a difference it makes. The only problem is now I have to convince my family that even though the dogs seem great they are not the same easy going trustworthy dog that their schnauzer is! grrrr
  • New Coats!!!

    Basenji Talk
    30
    0 Votes
    30 Posts
    17k Views
    snorky998S
    @BDawg: Snorky998– Where are the pics?! Boy, this is a little late…. Hope I got it right.....the first pics of Kate and Ty in their new coats from Carrie [image: attachment_p_65353_0_im002892.jpg]
  • Introducing a new Basenji into

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    jys1011J
    From what I understand…after reading a bit. Take the dogs for a long walk together...I mean REEEEAAALLY long. Have them get to know their territory & tire them out. Once tired & they've made the association that they are now part of your pack the meeting will go smoother (hopefully). Allow them to meet & greet but keep an eye out for signals...threatening behavior like lots of lip licking, growls, teeth, etc. if need be just get in between them & stay calm. They will now how to calm each other & they will know how to communicate with each other. GOOD LUCK & CONGRATS!!! :D
  • New dog???

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    QuercusQ
    The only thing I would be concerned about with a Dachshund would be the possiblity of it having some back damage with the rough play of a basenji…or even trying to do the same acrobatics that Bs do. I have known some folks who had a lot of problems with disk and spine problems with Doxies...but I don't know if that is typical. Something to think about though...