Skip to content

New to site

Basenji Talk
  • Hi everyone, I'm new to the site. I'm surprised I haven't found it before. I'm a certified vet tech and basenjis are my passion. My first dog as a child was a basenji and he was the best but when I went to college everyone disliked the breed for various reasons I'm sure you've all heard them. Ever since then my goal has been to become a breeder and make the wonderful qualities more known. I've done lots of research but I haven't started breeding because I don't want to be a back yard breeder. Does anyone have any tips or places to get quality breeding dogs?

  • Thanks alot I appreciate every bit of information.

  • Welcome!! You'll like it here. Check out the Breeder Threads. You'll find lots of info there!

  • Welcome…no breeding info. from me, but I'm certain you'll get lots of feedback and have fun with others who share your passion for Basenjis!
    I got mine from a NH breeder and we live in VT. Enjoy!

Suggested Topics

  • New dog park

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    torchsongT
    They just opened a new park built on a retired landfill that has not one but TWO areas for dog parks, so when one gets run down, they'll open the other and close the first to allow grass to regrow, etc. She-Ra loves it, too, because unlike the other parks this one is wide open and has TONS of running room. Dream come true for us, but it'll still get hot in the summertime, I'm sure.
  • 3 New Collars

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    16k Views
    CraighC
    Just ordered a plain black one with lead for Bella. Thanks for posting!
  • New Coats!!!

    Basenji Talk
    30
    0 Votes
    30 Posts
    17k Views
    snorky998S
    @BDawg: Snorky998– Where are the pics?! Boy, this is a little late…. Hope I got it right.....the first pics of Kate and Ty in their new coats from Carrie [image: attachment_p_65353_0_im002892.jpg]
  • Lots of new pics!!!

    Basenji Talk
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    8k Views
    nomrbddgsN
    That would be Damisi-she's the one from Sue Wilcox's Bluestone Ubora Wili Duara and Carol McGrogan's Magi.
  • New Member

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    J
    Thanks for your replies. I've started giving Sonia Glucosamine w/ MSM every day and we'll see how she does. I'll give you an update in about a month and let you know if it's helped or not.
  • New Addition

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    J
    I think an original idea should be developed that is associated with bs. The weims dressed up is so classic for them. Bs should somehow be associated with messes. Maybe they should be paired with new furniture advertising or TP sales!!! Weims became so popular tho, they are having probs in rescue. They are very high energy and most people can't give them enough exercise. I think my idea would prevent Bs from becoming too popular and lots more ending up in rescue. :D