Skip to content

This dog obviously has NO Basenji in him!!

Off Topic

Suggested Topics

  • FDA Warns Dog Owners to Avoid Bone Treats After 15 Dogs Die

    Off Topic
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • War dogs..

    Off Topic
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    YodelDogsY
    Very nice essay
  • No such thing as a Basenji

    Off Topic
    39
    0 Votes
    39 Posts
    23k Views
    BARTB
    Sorry, but I'd most likeley go for a beagle, that was my very first dog and he was awesome!! Got him off the street…my first 'rescue'...after that, crap, can I say this...a cat.....OUCH!!!...Yeah, I was very lucky with both my B pets, but as I get older, I'm not sure I would be able to handle a young B. However, as I look forward to retiring I'm more than happy to have multiple B's in my home. :) Older ones, like me :)
  • Snow Dogs

    Off Topic
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    I love it, they were actually sliding down the hill..
  • From service dog to SURFace dog

    Off Topic
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    10k Views
    nobarkusN
    @AJs: See, Dan? First you tick everybody off, now you make everybody cry. But you're still not getting off the hook that easy. You will NOT be banned and in fact will be required to stay. :D What?! That's it I'm going back to my stupid jokes!
  • Dog that looks like giant basenji?

    Off Topic
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    10k Views
    dmcartyD
    Where does your friend live? I do happen to have Portuguese Podengos and the big size HOWEVER I also have the only 2 in the US that are registered. I imported them directly from Portugal. That said - there is a guy in CA that has a few hunting stock not from Portugal but from the Azores - I have asked him for a picture as he also says they are Podengos - but didn't happen. The Podengo has a much narrower muzzle than this dog and does NOT have anything close to wrinkles on their forehead and their ears are up. A bit heavier than the Ibizan but same overall look. I would wonder about a Beezer and ridgeback or lab. And of course if you want to be bored with Podengo pictures go to my website that is under my name and click on the Podengo page.