• Our female wags her tail when I come home as she runs to greet me. Our male is far too dignified for such pathetic displays of affection. He never wags, but will lay down a few feet away and try to make you come to him. I don't, I make him come to me.

• @nala121498:

I noticed another tail-wagging though…when she's "hunting" chipmunks or red squirrels! I know a Lab/Chesapeake mix that wags when looking for her ball in the brush. Does anyone else notice this? Just curious...

For the longest time Nicky would only wag his tail for the lure. Then we got Rally and he would wag his tail when he very badly wanted her to play with him. He is never going to be a real tail wagger but he does wag now when he is really happy.

• Tallulah definitely wags, but also only for very specific people. Often I'm not even one of them! 🙂 The tail stays curled but does a sort of enthusiastic twitch to and fro.

• Sahara will wag her tail when you greet her for just about anyone. She is so friendly everyone she meets loves her. Her tail is tightly curled but she seems to get it to wag pretty well. The only time her tail relaxes a little is when she is asleep. I love her tail, it is my favorite part along with her muscular thighs.

• Cassi - more of a fold over than a curl, and often hung down between her legs when she was scared or scolded. She never wagged it.

Alex - tight curl, but will unravel some when he's asleep. He doesn't seem to wag it anymore, but when he was younger and got excited it would twitch like crazy!

• Cory's tail has a nice tight curl but she will uncurl her tail and let it just hang when she is feeling really relaxed and when she sleeps. But no matter how relaxed the tail is, the white tip will keep it's little fishhook bend. When she wags her tail, it is a very slight side to side movement.

• Casey doesn't wag her tail… She has one and a half curls and keeps it up (unless she's snoozing)... However, when I pick her up on the back of our SUV to set her down on the ground, her funny tail starts spinning like a helicopter blade! 😃

• We have 3 Basenjis. Two older litter mates, a boy and a girl almost 7 and one puppy about 8 months old who is a girl. The older boy will only occaisionally give a little wag, usually when we have him sitting prior to getting a treat or tossing him a ball. Our older girl wags a ton when we first come home and any time she is happy and excited but it moves maybe an inch either way tops. The new puppy wags her tail even more, almost completely side to side.

• I had a bitch once who really didn't wag her tail but she used it like a propeller. I was certain one day that it would lift her off the floor but it didn't.

• My dog's tail is wagging most all of the time! Doesn't curl tightly but looks most like a big question mark. She'll wag it when she's standing, sitting, or laying down and sometimes spins it like a propeller when stalking squirrels.

• Cheyenne wags hers all the time. Apache, only was when he's playing with Marlowe.

• Here's an example of some tail wagging. We call it "Belly Dancing" when she really gets into it since her whole torso is wagging too!

http://www.youtube.com/v/otMX-Osw2Ko&rel=1

• Zoe's tail is curled when she wags, which is a lot! It looks adorable.

• Hi, My Zoe is a B mix also. She is 1/2 Jack Russel, 1/2 Basenji. She is a great pooch. What type of mix is your pup?

• Tail Wagging?? My Duna never wags at us, but you know she's pleased to see us as she comes up to you with her ears down and has a grin on her face. she wags just a little, when she meets other dogs, but just slightly. Will she wag as an adult? I do miss those happy wagging doggy tails!!!!

• Tail Wagging?? My Duna never wags at us, but you know she's pleased to see us as she comes up to you with her ears down and has a grin on her face. she wags just a little, when she meets other dogs, but just slightly. Will she wag as an adult? I do miss those happy wagging doggy tails!!!!

• Tail is too stiff to wag, and way to undignified.It cant uncurl.

• Houston

Otis does wag his tail ever so slightly and he puts his ears down when he greets you, and this morning he said 'Good Morning" when I let him out of his crate….his first "real" (?) Barooo deep from his thoat..yeah.

• All 3 of mine wag their tails…
    Brando (tight curl, flips back & forth - not as animated as Liyah's) wags his when he wants to play with Ruby or Liyah or is about to get his dinner.
    Ruby (loose one curl, actually moves more than Brando's) only wags hers to welcome me home.
    Liyah wags non-stop (tight curl, flips wildly back & forth)...for play, food, attention...anything that makes her happy, which is pretty much everything. 😃

• Gossy's tail is a tight cinnamon bun so it looks odd when she "wags" it - usually only when she's on scent of something and then it just wags kind of slowly (if you can picture what I mean). Sometimes she'll wag it when I come home from work and usually just flattens her ears (makes her look earless :)).

Suggested Topics