Gift Exchange: Winter Holidays 2008

• Well, I tried to insert some pictures anyway…however, I went to upload them, it said "Uploading, please wait" then nothing happened...I'll try again once I have more time to figure it all out.

• We got our package and Fiji finally got her squirrel! When we walk through Balboa Park to the dog park, she wants the squirrels in the worst kind of way, so she grabbed the stuffed squirrel and has had a fine time de-stuffing it. She's still carrying the little (empty) fuzzy carcass around and growls if Bongo tries to grab it.
    Bongo had to "make do" with the stuffed reindeer…luckily it's long enough to make for good tug-of-war. Talk about Reindeer Games! Now they can each treasure their own leg :rolleyes: I'll post photos soon. Our package went out yesterday. Merry Christmas!

• BasenjiByTheBay,

You are welcome! We are glad the squirrel was not able to get away this time.

Jylly18,

Here is some help info about how to post photos: Picture Help: How to add and resize pictures in your post.

Our photo upload functionality is currently unavailable, but you can use an external photo hosting as described in the help thread mentioned abovel.

• Glad you liked everything, Jylly18, my husband dipped the pretzels himself. Bully sticks are great for keeping busy little dogs occupied, hopefully they will work for you.

Merry Christmas!

• Hooray, we got our gifts today! Topper, Nicky and Eddie send a big "thank you barrooo" to Jill and Tosca! I especially loved the card, reading about you and Tosca.

We opened the box and found super duper treats, three different kinds. We have already tried the pizza flavored ones and they meet with a big "thumbs up". Then we played with toys, Nicky eventually claimed them all, but Topper had a lot of fun with the yellow duck, tossing it around and pouncing on it. At 13, he doesn't get very excited about toys so I was thrilled to see him act like a pup. Ed got the octopus and Nicky first took the kong toy, but poor Ed, he lost the octopus pretty quickly to Nicky, Queen of the Toys. As we speak, she is eating the squeaker from inside the duck…the plastic is her favorite part!

Thank you so much Jill, this was great fun! You hit the jackpot with your gifts to us.

• Yay! I am glad they liked everything…toys can be very hard to pick out for basenjis, I know unless they are food flavored it is very hard to get Tosca to play with any of her toys. So I am excited they are playing with them, even if that means they are destroyed in like 5 minutes 🙂 Tosca likes her stuffed stocking as well, it already has a hole in it from throwing it around and chewing it. It helps her get exercise in this crazy below zero weather though, she loves to chase it when I throw it around the house! Thanks again, and Merry Christmas!

• BasenjiByTheBay,

Thank you so much for the wonderful gifts. Chance and Kiya had a blast. Of course Kiya the tri she is, got all the toys at the end.

• Where did you find the Basenji stockings?

• Our friend got them for us. She is selling them in her online store:

http://store.totalbasenji-osh.com/basenji-xmas-stocking.html

• Thank you AndrewnShango!!!

Diego and Meeka loved their gift! Diego is chewing on the reindeer's nose as I type, and they devoured one of the adorable treats as soon as i opened the bag! They say thanks to Shango and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

• Ok, I am going to try to post pictures of Tosca with her gifts again. They are described in my post above…enjoy 🙂 She is still loving her gifts, especially the bully sticks, I am definitely going to have to pick up more of those. It was great to have them to keep her occupied over Christmas during all the family parties!
    attachment_p_59335_0_toscaxmas.jpg
    attachment_p_59335_1_toscaxmas2.jpg
    attachment_p_59335_2_toscaxmas3.jpg

• Today Tillo's gifts arrived in the mail! He enjoyed the unpacking very much and at this moment he's sleeping on top of his new toys.. so I think he likes them 😃

Here some pics of the unpacking and the toys 🙂

Thank you Alex and Vanessa!!!! 😃

• You are welcome! We are glad Tillo liked all his presents! Hopefully they will last for a couple of days…

• @Alex:

You are welcome! We are glad Tillo liked all his presents! Hopefully they will last for a couple of days…

Tillo handles his stuffed animals with care.. until he wants new ones 😃
    But they will probably last for at least a month or so.. 🙂
    This morning we brought the ferret (which we named Wobble ;)) to the training, Tillo responded great to it 😃

So, thanks again!

• This was a great gift exchange. Thank you everyone for participating and please post photos if you have not already.
    Special thanks to AndrewnShango for coming up with this gift exchange idea.

Is anyone still waiting for their basenji buddy's gift package?

• @Alex:

This was a great gift exchange. Thank you everyone for participating, and special thanks to AndrewnShango for coming up with this idea.

Is anyone still waiting for their basenji buddy's gift package?

Have you received yours already?

• Not yet, but I am sure it's coming any day now. 🙂

• I haven't received mine yet. I check every day & know Dallas is pretty anxious!

• Just a reminder, please send your packages to your gift buddies if you have not yet. It is important that this happens in a timely manner in order to continue having these gift exchanges.

This exchange works solely on the honor system. There is no way that the forum moderators or anyone else on this forum can enforce that people fulfill their promises to reciprocate an exchange of gifts with another member. If people sign up and don't meet their end of the bargain, it ruins it for everyone. So please make sure to fulfill your gift promise.

Those members who are still waiting please post the user name of your gift exchange buddy, so that they are aware that you have not gotten your package. The package might have been shipped out but it could have gotten lost in the mail, shipped from overseas or been shipped to the wrong address, it has happened in the previous exchange.

Thank you,

• My buddy was/is PhocoenaGirl. I hope she received my package to her!

Suggested Topics