• The results came back rather quickly (not even 3 weeks), would have liked them a bit better, but at least only 2 are affected.

VIATIMBO SOUVIENS TOI SÉKO , cpp # 2852 tested PROBABLY AFFECTED WITH
    FANCONI SYNDROME

MIDNIGHT ON THE OASIS WITH BREDAND , cpp # 2851 tested PROBABLY
    AFFECTED WITH FANCONI SYNDROME

VALHALA SOUVIENS TOI SÉKO , cpp # 2850 tested PROBABLY CARRIER OF
    FANCONI SYNDROME

SOUKEY OUT OF AFRICA , cpp # 2849 tested PROBABLY CARRIER OF FANCONI
    SYNDROME

MARZENIE SENNE NEXT GERMANIKA , cpp # 4858 tested PROBABLY
    CLEAR/NORMAL FOR FANCONI SYNDROME

• Oh, I am sorry about the affected report…
    I know that must have been a blow to you.
    Hugs

• So sorry about the affected results 😞

• I am so sorry about the affected results 😞

• I'm sorry to hear about the affected results.

• I am also very sorry about the affected results but I am happy that you have three who are not affected. As bad as it must be to find out that two of your dogs are affected, how fortunate it is that you know that before symptoms appear.

I can't help but think that now that so many basenji owners are armed with the knewledge that their dogs will probably come down with Fanconi Syndrome, good information will be developed on how to delay the onset of symptoms, how to reduce the severity of the symptoms, etc. I think you have to hold on to that thought.

Good luck,
    Pat

• Thank you all for the kind words!
    I know there is a lot of info on fanconi out there and many people to help out.
    I already have the fanconi protocol, just have to translate it in french for my vet and find a lab to do the blood work if needed.

• Thank you all for the kind words!
    I know there is a lot of info on fanconi out there and many people to help out.
    I already have the fanconi protocol, just have to translate it in french for my vet and find a lab to do the blood work if needed.

Sent twice the same message, I can edit it but not delete it, please administrator can you help and delete it for me?!

• How do these results come to you. Are they e-mailed or in the snail mail? They've had our boys blood for 3 weeks or so now, so I am hopeful results will arrive soon. How should I watch for them?

• It is coming back through your e-mail, as long as you are the one who registered your dog with the CPP site.

For me the blood left europe june 23rd and I was surprised I got the results so soon, when I open my e-mails I thought the CPP was just telling me they got the blood in, then I think I almost fell out of my chair as the 1st result I saw was an affected, in the process I missed one and was two frightned to open the last one, the clear one was the last one, gave me a bit of rest to go back and notice that probably carrier was not a bad result.

The thing is I didn't expected Thorn to be an affected, Eos I was a bit worried as well as for her and Thorns kids, Timbo and Vahli, a few people are saying her father died of fanconi.

But I don't feel I am alone in this and I am sure of something, it is the last time I will ever get worried about getting a probably affected puppy, thanks to the test and people who made it happen.

Suggested Topics