Skip to content

My 6 month old Basenji

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • 3 1/2-year-old Basenji

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    37
    0 Votes
    37 Posts
    41k Views
    tanzaT
    He is in a better place… just remember you will carry his soul in your heart forever... All of my Basenjis that have passed before me are here in my heart
  • 0 Votes
    10 Posts
    8k Views
    O
    Congrats on the newest member of your family! I have a Fanconi dog and part of the reason he has done so well is because strip testing caught it early. I'm sure your B will be fine and live a long, healthy life. Do post photos. :)
  • My basenji

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    nobarkusN
    @snorky998: Were you thinking of Vestibular syndrome, Dan? http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=8577&highlight=vestibular+syndrome That's it Snorky!! :D
  • Is this a Basenji?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    27k Views
    ShannaniganS
    So many of those poses and positions are the same things I see Paco do. I'm also no expert, and Paco's my first dog that's mine-all-mine for me to watch all the time, but I feel like Tag's face is very Basenji-like…and if he yodels as well... if he doesn't have Basenji in him, I'd at least say you could describe him to others as a Basenji-like dog.
  • Itching Basenji!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    12k Views
    nobarkusN
    It's most likely a yeast infection. They get it in the ears quite often. Buddy has a yeast infection right now on his stomach.
  • 0 Votes
    26 Posts
    18k Views
    K
    She still seeks out water but not to the degree that she was. As the accidents wane, I have been trying to leave the water out a bit more, but like one of the other members said about their husband, mine also is sick of cleaning up the pee so I have to find a happy medium between the two. All in all I think we are doing fine, and once again thanks for all of your concern. I will be sure to connect with the Basenji Forums again if there are any other questions.