Skip to content

Dog pees and then wants to lick it up

Behavioral Issues

Suggested Topics

  • Will not pee

    Behavioral Issues
    4
    1 Votes
    4 Posts
    29k Views
    SavingS
    I don't get other dogs in the yard but I do get foxes, she will sniff but isn't bothered.
  • My Housebreken Dog is Peeing In the HOUSE!

    Behavioral Issues
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    nobarkusN
    I agree with Patty. A vet check on abnormal behavior is always best. I had a Basenji who never touched anything in the house at 14 yrs old chew up a chair cushion. A vet checked confirmed a bad UTI. He actually pee'd blood waiting in the vet. My fault for not taking him in right away when I suspected something.
  • Licking pee

    Behavioral Issues
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    9k Views
    BARTB
    Can I ask…my previous guy seemed to actually lick himself just so he wouldn't have an accident. Usually when I had left him for longer than normal 'cause I had errands or something. I would come home, let him out of the crate, but I always wanted to change clothes first and while I was changing he would, sometimes, just lick and lick, until we went out. Was he just putting up with me and being a really good dog?! Or being a perv?!:eek:
  • Dog to dog greeting aggression question

    Behavioral Issues
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    S
    I will take a bit of time, but it does work. Please let us know how it goes.
  • Pee pee and more pee

    Behavioral Issues
    60
    0 Votes
    60 Posts
    39k Views
    BasenjiByTheBayB
    This whole story is so sad and so sweet. This thread really needs a new, more respectful and descriptive title. Even though I understand the desperate frustration in why it was named this at the start. {{{hugs}}} to you, Rocky's forever mom.
  • Compulsive licking!

    Behavioral Issues
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    jys1011J
    Funny story about licking…my husband came home with a pizza stain on his pants. I thought oh well there goes that! I can never remove grease stains. So I threw in the laundry bag & my little TOPAZ found it was licking like a maniac...low & behold the stain was GONE!!! :eek: :eek: She literally licked away the stain..talk about licking :D :D Basenji Clean!! :D