Poll: Where Does You Basenji Sleep?

• Since there is no choice for both I picked other. zoey sleeps in the bed and the crate depending on days and schedules. When hubby has to get up at midnight to 3am and I work late she is crated because when I get home she wakes everyone up. But any night I am home or weekends she gets to sleep in the bed. The nights she is crated when I let her out in the morning she runs straight to the bed. If I wake up after hubby leaves and have the energy I will go down and let her out so she can come to bed with me.

• @Kananga:

Heh, i've dropped the temp down to 65F a few nights during the winter. He still will not go under the comforter.

65F would feel like summer to my kids. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'm talking rarely warmer than 50F (I'm in Maine) when I wake up in the morningโ€ฆI bet if it went that low at your house, he might be right under the covers. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I love it cold at night...and a thick down comforter...perfect... The one thing I forgot to say is that Brando has a super short coat...so even though he is very muscular, he does get a chill quicker than Ruby or Liyah...

• My girls sleep in their crates (Ruby on her own, the youngsters together) and Bryn on an armchair in the lounge.

• I'm always waking up to mine curled on my pillow, pushing my off my side, ha.

• I never ever imagined I'd let any dog sleep in my bed. And for the last 14 yrs, basenjis in the bed. If I had it to do over, I would have a raised bed next to ming.

• Crates..... but they are loose all day with access to the backyard. Many times they sleep in their crates with the doors open, they enjoy their crates

• @tanza yeah see mine is the opposite ๐Ÿ™‚ loose at night since they are in their crates during half the day. I have the crates open all night, a lot of time they prefer going in the crates and sleeping half the night in there.

• We have had a Basenji in our bed at night since 1990, largest number was 4, currently, 2 purebreds and a fake.
    -Joanne

• @giza1 said:

We have had a Basenji in our bed at night since 1990, largest number was 4, currently, 2 purebreds and a fake.
    -Joanne

Laughing at the "fake". What is the "fake"? My chow group calls dogs that aren't chows "faux chows". ๐Ÿ™‚

• I sleep in Oakleys bed...he's kind enough to let me ๐Ÿ˜œ

• @DebraDownSouth said:

@giza1 said:

We have had a Basenji in our bed at night since 1990, largest number was 4, currently, 2 purebreds and a fake.
    -Joanne

Laughing at the "fake". What is the "fake"? My chow group calls dogs that aren't chows "faux chows". ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, I think you might have "met" Moby, I don't talk about him here too much, he doesn't exactly belong. This is the original thread from about 2 years ago when we got him: https://basenjiforums.com/topic/13849/meet-moby/18

He's actually a great little guy and I don't think my husband's life was complete until that dog moved in! He loves to run, and he comes out to chase the lure at coursing practice. Here in Canada the CKC has a new event for mixed breeds this season to be held at the lure trials; it's Chase Ability, and competing dogs can earn official CKC titles. Moby is going to love this!!
    -Joanne

• In their kennels. My red boy does not like to sleep on my bed and when I turn the TV off at night to go to bed he runs into his kennel and curls up in his blankies.

• @CrazySenji said:

In their kennels. My red boy does not like to sleep on my bed and when I turn the TV off at night to go to bed he runs into his kennel and curls up in his blankies.

That's totally opposite from around here. Teak doesn't like to watch TV, so he stays on the couch until the TV goes off. Then he wants under the covers.
    -Joanne

• @giza1 said:

Oh, I think you might have "met" Moby, I don't talk about him here too much, he doesn't exactly belong. This is the original thread from about 2 years ago when we got him: https://basenjiforums.com/topic/13849/meet-moby/18
    -Joanne

I DO remember Moby! What a cutie. He belongs... honorary basenji! ๐Ÿ™‚

• First Basenji's

Cosette would love to sleep in the bed, but we don't allow it. She's usually on the floor near the bed instead. She's currently being dogsat by my wife's mom, though, and she lets the dog in the bed. Funny thing is, when my wife and I stay at my mother-in-law's, Cosette sleeps in our room on the floor, even though she has the option to sleep with Grandma in the bed! We hope to crate to train her in the next few weeks for when we're both at work, but we don't expect her to sleep in the crate.

• @giza1 said in Poll: Where Does You Basenji Sleep?:

Btw, pretty sure others feel the same... this is a community. While the focus is on basenjis, we talk about horses, cats, you name it. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Okay, you asked for it. He does like to be one of the gang, likes to think he's a Basenji (so why does he bark [and shed]?) and he LOVES chasing the lure!!!
    He is registered with the Canadian Kennel Club as Freemet's Mobylicious and he has earned his CA (chase ability) title, working towards his CAX.... and beyond. As long as I keep coming up with the 20 bucks, he'll keep earning those qualifiers! I've included a picture of him with his latest winnings.... the picture may, or may not, show up.
    -Joanne
    0_1475351580010_20160612_150959.jpeg

• Oh gosh he is so cute!!! Sounds like you get to have a lot of fun with him. ๐Ÿ™‚

Suggested Topics