• Does your company allow you to bring your dog to work? Tell us about your company's policy and the benefits of having your pet with you throughout the work day. Please post some photos and stories.

• My secretary brings her Malti-Poo to the office. Her little girl just sleeps in her bed on her desk. She is very sweet and stays out of trouble. I've taken our boy Chance into the office and it did not go so well. First off, I work in a law office and all chance wanted to do was chew my files and run all around the office. It was a nightmare. I ended up taking him back home. I have brought him in on my days off and he is a little calmer but he is not the type of dog where he will just sit there and stay out of trouble.

• I took Kiya to the office last friday for the first time, our company allows to bring dogs to work and quite a few people do that. She was nervious at first, even going up the big stairs, I don't think she has ever seen stairs that tall.

Once in the office, she wimpered for about 5 minutes, ran around, but then laid down and got confortable in her cozy and watched the cars pass by for the next 3 hours. She passed the test and I think I might take her in again.

As long as she behaves and I do not have any meetings, I am ok with her being there with me. I do not think I can have both Chance and Kiya there though.

• I wish I could bring Dallas in with me but so far no where I have ever worked allows puppies in the work place. I guess it's the stiff east coast rules! Humph!

• Hmm… think we can get a hospital to allow dogs? 😉

• @Vanessa:

My secretary brings her Malti-Poo to the office. Her little girl just sleeps in her bed on her desk. She is very sweet and stays out of trouble. I've taken our boy Chance into the office and it did not go so well. First off, I work in a law office and all chance wanted to do was chew my files and run all around the office. It was a nightmare. I ended up taking him back home. I have brought him in on my days off and he is a little calmer but he is not the type of dog where he will just sit there and stay out of trouble.

This is exactly why Cyrus will never set foot in my office. I am an attorney, and I office with one other lawyer. Clients are difficult enough, let alone a B eating their files! :eek:

• I am a teacher of middle schoolers so you can imagine all the fun Tosca would have coming to work with me! It would be such a challenge, and never allowed anyway, so its not happening though! I would really have to allow the excuse "The dog at my homework" because it would happen right in the classroom in front of me!

• @CyrusVirus:

This is exactly why Cyrus will never set foot in my office. I am an attorney, and I office with one other lawyer. Clients are difficult enough, let alone a B eating their files! :eek:

Its the exact opposite in our firm. Our clients love having dogs in the office and it helps ease their minds. So many times I hear my clients tell me how much they enjoy coming in. Now granted…no basenji's allowed 😉

• @Vanessa:

Its the exact opposite in our firm. Our clients love having dogs in the office and it helps ease their minds. So many times I hear my clients tell me how much they enjoy coming in. Now granted…no basenji's allowed 😉

Its funny you say that because one of our non-Bs, Hemi, used to come to work with me when I worked with a different attorney. Most clients did love him, although many of my criminal clients seemed to be a little afraid of him until I assured them he is friendly. It certainly made me more relaxed and comfortable to have him around. Cyrus, on the other hand, does not inspire relaxation and comfort in me in the presence of paper!

• I'm a Recovery Room nurse and wouldn't want my babies to set foot in a hospital! Though when we have a Guide Dog with a patient, we all enjoy it.

Anne in Tampa

• When I got each of my b's I brought them into my office as little babies - I didn't want to leave them home alone when they had just been through such a big change (they are a year apart - each one came into my office for about the first 4 weeks after they came to live with me). They were so easy then because they slept so much.

Although they are very different personalities, they are basically the same in my office. Sweet and sleepy as babies, total nuts as adults. I bring one or the other in occasionally and can't leave either one off-leash. They hit every garbage can in the place, and would run out the front door (and have) when anyone comes in. Too curious. All they want to do is walk down Main Street and smell all the other doggie smells, so there is lots of whining and boredom on their part, but they are welcome as long as they don't do anything destructive. (My boss has actually put up with a fair amout of that from other dogs in the office). So I do have a dog-friendly office, it's just that my dogs are not easy in the office.

Suggested Topics