• Hi, Y'all. I'm JJ male half of a dog devoted couple. We just recently adopted a 2+ yo Basenji foundling. I have never had any experience with Basenji's but my wife used to breed and show Basenji's in the St Louis area.
    When I first came across our new little girl and took my wife to meet her, Karin's very first comment upon seeing her was, "She is the ugliest Basenji I have ever seen." I will have to agree that she isn't the picture of the perfect Basenji, smaller than standard, quite thin, and almost totally devoid of 'worry wrinkles' but those shortcomings are more than over shadowed by her personality. Because of her small size we have decided to name her Itty Bitty Basenji, or Bitty for short.
    Have to tell you, she stole my heart the very first night she was in our home by jumping up on the bed and sneaking under the covers to sleep behind my knees.

BittysDad

• @BittysDad:

Hi, Y'all. I'm JJ male half of a dog devoted couple. We just recently adopted a 2+ yo Basenji foundling. I have never had any experience with Basenji's but my wife used to breed and show Basenji's in the St Louis area.
    When I first came across our new little girl and took my wife to meet her, Karin's very first comment upon seeing her was, "She is the ugliest Basenji I have ever seen." I will have to agree that she isn't the picture of the perfect Basenji, smaller than standard, quite thin, and almost totally devoid of 'worry wrinkles' but those shortcomings are more than over shadowed by her personality. Because of her small size we have decided to name her Itty Bitty Basenji, or Bitty for short.
    Have to tell you, she stole my heart the very first night she was in our home by jumping up on the bed and sneaking under the covers to sleep behind my knees.

BittysDad

Welcome and we would love to see pictures….. and yes, they are very good at "stealing" hearts....

• Welcome JJ…Bitty sounds like a little doll...congrats on adding her to your family.

• I have NEVER seen an ugly Basenji, she is different but far from ugly I am sure! Please let us be the judge of that, we love pictures. Welcome, you will love this forum, lots of nice folks, and information!

• Welcome! She sounds adorable…and I agree...there can't be an ugly Basenji!

• Welcome. We hope to see pictures soon. 🙂

• Nope, no ugly basenjis in this world! But try to prove us wrong with pictures 😉 & welcome to the forum!

• Welcome - as you soon find out for yourself - we're picture addicted here (when you get the chance). 🙂

• Ah you sound like a true basenji-dad. Welcome to our world.

• Hi JJ-
    Welcome- looking forward to seeing the pictures-

ALM

• Ditto all of the above. Please post a picture soon, we luv the way Bitty sounds already!

• They steal your heart the first few days, then the rest of your belongings in the following weeks! Welcome to the world of basenji addicts.
    Anne

• @MacPack:

They steal your heart the first few days, then the rest of your belongings in the following weeks! Welcome to the world of basenji addicts.
    Anne

Anne~ too funny! I have a mixed B so I guess its the beagle in her,because she doesn't do that. BUT she will steal anything food related. It makes me so mad when I find her on the table eating my egg salad. Especially when its the last 2 eggs left in the house!

• I think I have finally figured how to post her pictures.
    attachment_p_40165_0_01-26-08_1021.jpg
    attachment_p_40165_1_01-26-08_1023.jpg

• Awww, what a pretty girl! What makes your wife thinks she's ugly?

• What a cutie. 😃

• She is lovely! Looks like she has a "kiss spot" on her forehead, like my Nicky.

Anne in Tampa

• Looks like a real cutie to me.

• I love your B, and I think she is pretty, like I said I have never seen an ugly Basenji!!!!

• She is so cute. Not ugly AT ALL! Thanks for sharing!

Suggested Topics