Skip to content

New Parvo Strain?

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • UK Basenji folk - Parvo outbreak

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    P
    All my dogs are protected by homeopathic nosodes for Parvo and although it is a most horrible infection I do also know that the homeopathy offers the best chance of a cure. Dogs conventionally vaccinated against Parvo have been known to contract it but I wouldn't panic about this outbreak yet. It could be that these are unvaccinated dogs. I'll contact Irene in case she would like to make the homeopathic treatment known and also to find out if she has founf out anything more about these cases.
  • New kibble, diarrhea

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    @taryn121: I just switched Ripley from ProPlan to Evo yesterday, and he's had diarrhea last night and all today. I was wondering if that was normal because he had a food switch? And if it is, how long does it normally happen? I put a little plain yogurt in with his meal this morning and it seemed to help some. Is there anything else I can do? It is usually recommended that you change foods slowly… over the course of at least 2 to 3 weeks... increasing the new food with the old with each feeding.
  • New lump young dog

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    YodelDogsY
    This is good news. Hopefully she will be back to normal soon.
  • 0 Votes
    35 Posts
    30k Views
    C
    Out of Africa, the Basenji dog breed was originally found in the Congo. He uses both scent and sight to hunt and was originally used to flush small game into a hunter's nets and to control village rodent populations.
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    This is what I do for mine…. 9wks - 1st set of puppy shots (no Lepto, no Corona) I use DHPP 11wks - 2nd set of puppy shots (same as above) 13 wks - 3rd set of puppy shots (same as above) 16 wks - Rabies I do not give anything for kennel cough, as there are so many strains that likely that they will still get it if an outbreak.. (of course if you board or use a doggy daycare, you are required to give it) At 1yr, booster DHPP and Rabies - NOTE: GIVEN AT SEPARATE TIMES, NEVER TOGETHER After that either every 3yrs or do Titers (except Rabies which is every 3yrs and required by law)
  • New Parvovirus Strain

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    Ninabeana26N
    Well that's a lot more comforting. It figures something like this ends up being blown up….typical media crap. My big question when I first read the article was how someone had 600 puppies to lose in one night in the first place...