Skip to content

Play time

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • New basenji owner!!

    Member Introductions
    13
    4 Votes
    13 Posts
    16k Views
    S
    @mvdperez Thank you! She truly has been such a great addition to our family :)
  • 0 Votes
    16 Posts
    15k Views
    elbrantE
    @rgk9ruler said in Puppy Painful Biting Nonstop: xylitol, a sugar substitute, is deadly to dogs Thank you for the reminder! I don't do "sugar free" products (which would be obvious if you met me), but I often forget to mention this. Very important warning. Thank you!
  • How much puppy exercise?

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    10k Views
    tanzaT
    @condesa said in How much puppy exercise?: Thanks so much! Makes me feel better. And I got her from Nocturnal Kennels in NC. Are the sire/dam DNA tested for Fanconi and PRA? Did you check for yourself at www.ofa.org as DNA tests for Fanconi/PRA are public posted for the results. If not you should have your girl tested. It is a cheek swab that you do yourself. You can order it at www.ofa.org and the cost is 65.00 for each test (Fanconi & PRA)
  • First time camping

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    Sounds like so much fun. I love the pic with Gossy and that wicked dangerous looking log…scary..LOL
  • There are times…

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    renaultf1R
    @Quercus: Yes…I have that feeling regularly! It takes my breath away when Bella floats across the yard at over six years old...she looks as beautiful as she did as a puppy...moreso even :*) And then the spell is broken, as her son uses her as a mop to clean up all the dirt on the patio ;) Ha, ha, ha…mine is a similar story... I'm in awe the way Ruby moves...it is breathtaking. And her coat is dark chestnut so the white is soooo white, she is beautiful. And Brando is so muscular and such an incredibly male looking boy...so handsome. Liyah's coat is gorgeous...really dark chestnut with not a lot of brindle stripes...they are all so lovely to look at and I think how lucky I am that they are happy and healthy. And then "snap back to reality"...Liyah goes and clamps on Ruby's neck or grabs Brando's tail and then the noises of "cujo" end my beautiful picture. :D:D:D
  • Play room

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    DukeD
    @wizard: Has your beastie created a playroom like this? [image: 188.JPG] Love this picture! It's the same picture I could take of my own house…LOL! I have a bucket that the toys go in. I only wish-wish-wish that I could teach my furkids to put their toys away when they're done! Ha ha! Between dog toys and kid toys - It's insane! My son has finally learned to keep his stuff in "his" game room and shut door, but I am daily - pushing dog toys aside with my feet when walking thru the house! Ya gotta love 'em! :D