Skip to content

Two blue eyes female Basenji

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Basenjis and their nails...

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    18
    3 Votes
    18 Posts
    6k Views
    ZandeZ
    @sanjibasenji My saw is getting blunt ! I had a job sawing up yesterday's bone into manageable pieces ! But they do last weeks, sometime months.
  • Odd basenji eye socket

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    I believe this is quite a rare condition and although the head looks strange the dogs don't seem to be suffering.
  • Eyes

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    P
    As soon as I read the first post I thought of Sinbaje and her avatar. I hadn't realised Linda just how talented he is. Congratulations to Drew for his many great successes.
  • Watery eyes??

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    DiegosMomD
    thanks for the link tanza!
  • Basenji with problems

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    14k Views
    QuercusQ
    @etzbseder: While I've got people looking at this, my B also has a minor umbilical hernia, I was wondering, how big of an issue is it, and should I get him fixed. Do the potential problems get overweighed by the benefits? That is usually not a big deal. The majority of Basenjis are born with umbilical hernias. Should you get him fixed? As in neutered? Yes. Should you get the hernia fixed? They could do it when they neuter him if it bothers you…but it isn't a health concern unless it is quite big.
  • Basenji Eyes

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    11k Views
    MaxBooBooBearM
    I'm glad to hear the spinal tap went so easily. What a brave little girl Keba is. When I first saw she was getting a spinal tap, I thought oh–that sounds painful. I hope things start improving for her.