Skip to content

My basenji

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji skirts

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    9k Views
    KipawaK
    Kipawa's skirt - it isn't big, but I actually love running my fingers over it. :)
  • Itchy Basenji

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    12k Views
    jys1011J
    My C3 has the same itchy skin problems too mostly due to the 1001 allergies he has…but I use the Aveeno Oatmeal Ointment to help calm the itch & I also put Brewers Yeast tablets & Fish Oil tablets into his food to help keep his skin & coat healthy. Sometimes we need to bathe regularly (like once a week :eek:) in the Aveeno oatmeal shampoo to help as well. Good luck!
  • Basenji with problems

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    14k Views
    QuercusQ
    @etzbseder: While I've got people looking at this, my B also has a minor umbilical hernia, I was wondering, how big of an issue is it, and should I get him fixed. Do the potential problems get overweighed by the benefits? That is usually not a big deal. The majority of Basenjis are born with umbilical hernias. Should you get him fixed? As in neutered? Yes. Should you get the hernia fixed? They could do it when they neuter him if it bothers you…but it isn't a health concern unless it is quite big.
  • Lazy basenjis!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    10k Views
    B
    @jys1011: HA HA..I was thinking the same thing…where do I get a bamboo stick?? Asia is the best place.:D :D :D But I do have some in the back yard.:D
  • Sneezy Basenji

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    6k Views
    J
    Joey sneezes a lot, but I don't think he has allergies. I think it is all the dust in our house. I hate to clean!! :D
  • Jumoke Basenjis

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    9k Views
    JazzysMomJ
    Oh well… at least it brought Jumoke to the foreground again! :-)