Skip to content

My basenji

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji Dandruff

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    senjisillyS
    My Valentino had terrible dandruff. His vet said it was due to dry skin. She had me add Goat's milk and coconut oil to his diet. His dandruff lessened dramatically after about a month. The amount of coconut oil (solid or liquid) per day should be no more than 1 teaspoon per 10lbs of body weight. Valentino is about 27 lbs. so I give him about 2.5-3 teaspoons a day. I divide the amount in half and add it too his meals. I feed goat milk rarely because it is so high in calories.
  • IBS in basenji

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    15
    3 Votes
    15 Posts
    10k Views
    ZandeZ
    @jengosmonkey That is a very interesting link. My girl suffered none of the possible side effects. No lethargy, listlessness, weight gain and her shape remained immaculate till the day she died. But she no longer suffered from IBS.
  • Basenji skirts

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    9k Views
    KipawaK
    Kipawa's skirt - it isn't big, but I actually love running my fingers over it. :)
  • Is it a Basenji???

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    11k Views
    MandyM
    I have gotten the comment of min doberman. lol…. could have been her spiked Harley collar.
  • Do Basenjis shed?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    16k Views
    MantisM
    shedding will change dramatically depending on the food….
  • Jumoke Basenjis

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    9k Views
    JazzysMomJ
    Oh well… at least it brought Jumoke to the foreground again! :-)