Skip to content

mixed up girl

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Is she a basenji mix

    Basenji Talk
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    14k Views
    X
    [image: 1604951020523-16049528432382171393248497095706-resized.jpg]
  • Is he a basenji mix?

    Basenji Talk
    16
    3 Votes
    16 Posts
    7k Views
    D
    He is a cutie. Looks like he is getting lots of love and he will return it. Glad you have him.
  • What is she mixed with?!?

    Basenji Talk
    18
    1 Votes
    18 Posts
    6k Views
    eeeefarmE
    O. K. I see a couple of things in your post. How much does she weigh? I ask because although Basenjis can be difficult on leash and are strong dogs, they sure can't pull me where I don't want to go! If control is an issue, I find a martingale collar with a wide neck works well. However, it would be much better to find a solution to this problem. Have a look at this [video].https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwNe5COoGhk Different breed, but I was very impressed with how well this guy's approach worked. Could be something worth trying if you have the patience for it. You say she won't bite you. So what about her feet? Can't you just insist gently that she let you handle them, and reward with treats for cooperation? What does she do, specifically, if you try to hold them? I used to trim my dogs' nails with the dog upside down on my lap, and it worked for all of mine, not that they loved the process, but sometimes you just have to say "yes, I am the boss of you, get over it!" ;-)
  • Which mixes of races is it ?

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    You have to change your settings. Or you can upload individual photos with the last icon, the arrow pointing up. Of course, doing a dna test is probably going to give you the most info.
  • Birthday Girls

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    JazzysMomJ
    @Elysium: That's what I wanted to say :D Happy birthday from Germany, too! Cute, sharing the birthday with your dog ;) Yes, I like to tease Rebecca that is how I can remember her birthday – because it's Jazzy's birthday too. LOL Keoki turns 3 on the 17th. My pups are growing up on me!
  • My Very Clever Girl…

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    8k Views
    sabaS
    @snorky998: The way those little feet can grasp and manipulate things, it's almost as if they do have a psuedo thumb (like pandas).:) Opposable thumbs are often related to species that are considered to have a higher order of thinking. Those of us here that have ever said "How the h*** did the dog(s) do that!!" may secretly think they just hide their thumbs till we're not looking :D. Higher order of thinking? Who knows. Prankster order of thinking? Absolutely!! :D :D :D Toooooooooo funny, and tooooooo true…