Skip to content

Max the Basenji

Show Off Your Dog

Suggested Topics

  • Is my puppy a Basenji

    Show Off Your Dog
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    7k Views
    W
    @tanza well on the DOB vaccine certificate, she actually write August 2016. Thank you @annlorimer .. Yes he is super cute.. The vet actually said he probably will be a medium size. @DebraDownSouth .. He grows taller right now .. And jumps higher.. I actually have another picture of him, his other brother/sister and possibly his parent. his probably mother is actually large size. The owner didn't want the puppy and post it online offering adoption. And sent him away to my home. Well he actually said that the mother/father is a mix rottweiler and husky. My vet said it probably mix with husky. ![alt text]([image: 1479464893580-img_1072.jpg] image url)
  • Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    No idea, sometimes with mixes it's so hard to tell what the parentage is. I do think that your dog's head is a bit more refined than many of the pit mixes i've seen.
  • Is my dog a Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    YodelMaY
    What a pretty girl! Her head/ears/face & wrinkles are Basenji-looking while her coloring & build suggest some Malanois blood–that would account for her size & aloofness, too. Our local SPCA does genetic testing as a fund-raising thing, if you're really curious you could try something like that...
  • Not a basenji, but…

    Show Off Your Dog
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    B
    After striking out with my first 2 B's I figured I'd give my other love a try! She is wonderful so far, potty training is kicking our butt..as with any puppy. We have only had her a week yesterday so I'm sure this is gonna be fun! She is giving us (my gf and I, our 3 cats and Sid) a run for our money! Sid is very jealous though, which is what we wanted. We need him to desire attention instead of just laying around all day long. Wish us luckkkk with the ol' man.
  • Your basenji compound

    Show Off Your Dog
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    8k Views
    BarklessdogB
    They rip through our garden & yard everytime they go out hoping to surprise/catch animals. [image: chase.jpg] I had to go around certain areas of the fence where the female (tiny tank) hits the fence, when the squirrels runs up it and screw the boards in. The contant inpact knocks the boards loose. One time she blew right through the fence into our neihbors yard! She just stood there confused like "where am I?"
  • Basenji or not??

    Show Off Your Dog
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    6k Views
    L
    Thank you very much for the info. I will have to try the time out. He was crate trained as far as being house broken, but now when I put brownie in the crate all he does is whine.. I do have 2 older dogs. one that plays with him and the other, well he just growls at brownie. The mother that was there when I got Brownie was a white shepard, maybe that is where the broad nose comes in.