Skip to content

New member in New Mexico

Member Introductions
  • Hello, introductory post for me. My wife and I presently have two male Basenjis, both red and whites. They are, Ramses who is now 16-1/2 years old now and Arthur who is 12-1/2 years. Both in good health despite their ages. We have had them both since they were about a year old back when we lived in Ohio. They are rescue basenjis and have done very well. We have recently relocated to New Mexico just north of Albuquerque and the dogs are loving the heat this time of year. Very little adjustment issues to the high elevations here. Anyway...hello! Mike.

  • Hi Mike. Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on the longevity of your boys. Pictures would be nice! :)

  • Yes, I will have to add the photos...! Thank you for the welcome!

  • WELCOME! Your guys' ages are impressive! Can't wait for pictures!

  • Hi Mike,

    Welcome to basenji forums community! Looking forward to pictures and stories.

Suggested Topics

  • new member

    Member Introductions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    ZandeZ
    Tell us a bit about your Basenji - and meanwhile, Welcome !
  • New Member

    Member Introductions
    29
    0 Votes
    29 Posts
    20k Views
    D
    Please research the health problems in Basenjis especially Fanconi Syndrome! There is a DNA cheek swab test for it and I believe it only costs $75. If your dog has not been tested and is over two years old, she needs to be strip tested for glucose in the urine monthly until you have the DNA test done and obtain the results. Untreated Fanconi Syndrome will kill a dog! Here is a webpage that explains health problems in Basenjis: https://www.basenji.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=155&Itemid=292 Jennifer
  • New Member

    Member Introductions
    25
    0 Votes
    25 Posts
    14k Views
    K
    Hello king DE, Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.
  • New Member

    Member Introductions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    7k Views
    T
    Yep, when it comes to Basenjis, it pretty much is a small world. Humvee, aka Tex Son, (he got his call name because he was the biggest puppy in his litter) has had a great show career, and you couldn't ask for a sweeter temperament - although the whole litter was was fabulous. His mom was a total love, and his dad is still incredibly handsome and devil-may-care at almost 11 years old. Hum loves to play with puppies and hang out in the house with his human mom. So although I haven't met Reba, I'm sure he will pass on his love bug genes! We will be hoping the news is good and you soon have a noisy, lovable troublemaker in your life. Terry
  • New Member

    Member Introductions
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    10k Views
    M
    welcome! im also new haha
  • New Member

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    jessi76J
    Hi Annabellasmom! I'm in MA too. I have a 1.5 yr old who we adopted last year. I look forward to chatting w/ you on the board. :)