Tanza Basenjis Breeding Plans for 2012

• Here is a link to the first video of the pups, they are 3wks and 1 days today (12/21/12)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aA3In4bpLA

• Aw, gorgeous - I would want the little rebel…..

• Which would be?… the one getting back in the crate?.... That would be the last born girl...

• @QuizBasenji:

Aw, gorgeous - I would want the little rebel…..

I don't just want one….I want them all!! They are adorable with their puppy goofballness......That is one nice thing about beeing a breeder, getting to have puppies a lot more than non-breeders.

• Yes, the one determinedly going her own way…I don't think I could ever be a breeder - I'd want to keep them all....

• Trust me, when they are 8 and 9wks old, you are more than ready for them to go to their new homes! Six puppies at that age are like having 106!

• Amen. I'm fostering what was an 8week old (from the 12/7) so my best for Can surprise her seven year old with a puppy… I am more than ready to go back to oak and I!!! I have learned a lot about Oakley in the process and am grateful to have gotten my "puppy fix" but Christmas can't come soon enough.

• Hey all, had a visit from Curlytails this weekend. It was great to meet you MC! Thanks for coming and playing with the little Tri "sharks"! Hard to believe how time flys… They will be 8 wks tomorrow. Thursday is Eye Exams and 1 set of shots. Then starting on the 31st they start going to their new homes.....

• Wow, 8 weeks – time does fly! They are supercute. I've enjoyed watching them grow on Facebook. 🙂

• @ownedbyspencer:

Wow, 8 weeks – time does fly! They are supercute. I've enjoyed watching them grow on Facebook. 🙂

Thanks, did you get your puppy yet?

• @tanza:

Thanks, did you get your puppy yet?

Not yet. I thought I would have him right after the holidays, but I'm still waiting to find out…

• Are you ready to let them go Pat?? ( I mean emotionally not physically)

• @Chealsie508:

Are you ready to let them go Pat?? ( I mean emotionally not physically)

Pretty darn close to… 🙂 ... They are a handful, but have been doing great with the potty box training (love using a litter box)... And the weather has been really nice the last week and 1/2... so they have been outdoors a lot also. C-Me is still nursing them now and again (I don't believe in force weaning, Mom knows best) the rest of the time she roars at them if they try and sneak a drink!... and they have been eating 4 times a day, so not like they need Mom's milk.

• They look irresistible!
    That girl you had your eye on work out??

• @Chealsie508:

They look irresistible!
    That girl you had your eye on work out??

Not sure yet. Litter grading is Monday

• First Basenji's

I thought I'd be able to contain my squealing, but the second I walked in the door and the entire tri army marched up to the baby gate to greet me, I couldn't help myself. I probably gurgled way more than I should've… it was just too much!

I've never had a chance to visit a breeder's pups at their home, nor have I ever met Basenji pups so young. My shoelaces were quickly untied by tugging pups, and I had tiny little threads hanging loose from my shirt afterwards. Good thing I didn't decide to wear a lace shirt or something. LOL. Now I know to wear my Kevlar jacket next time, haha. Mama and auntie are very patient with those li'l fangs indeed!

They are all beautiful, and they're going to some lucky homes. 🙂 Curious to see how the litter grading will play out.

• MC, if you want to post a couple of the pics you took, please feel free to. Love having all kinds of visitors to meet and greet puppies….. best socialization ever...

Opps and that should have been the litter grading is Sunday, not Monday. I am pretty sure on who is going where... just want some other breeders input on the litter first.

• First Basenji's

Yay, just wanted to make sure I had your permission to post the pictures first. 🙂

Here we go!!!

There's more where that came from. But I have to wait until the weekend to post/upload a few more.

• that's a whole lot of tryin'!

love those baby pics - keep them coming.

• Oh my, they are simply too adorable! Those are some really good photos of them. And yes, you do have to really consider what to wear when meeting B puppies. The first time we visited Loki's litter when he was 7 weeks and the older ones were 9 weeks I stupidly wore flip flops…they were thrilled with my toes, shirt, hair...you learn quickly just how to put up long hair with no strands sticking out so that they can't get it down! Needless to say when we went to pick him up, old tennis shoes, old jeans, old shirt 😉

Suggested Topics