Tanza Basenjis Breeding Plans for 2012

• These are some of the cutest little faces I've ever seen! They are just beautiful. I have a soft spot for tris– I really do. But I remember those tiny little needle teeth that will rip you like rose thorns. 🙂

• MC where did you get that great toy you brought the pups? It is their favorite

• Those pictures are amazing! IMO it captures basenji pups perfectly- when they poop out they all pig pile!! I've never seen any other breed that does it like they do! Oh, how I wish I was out West!!!

Pat- you're so lucky to have the experience!

• We can never get enough pics– and while you're at it, post pics of this new pup-approved toy! It's always good to be armed... 🙂

• For those who have asked if I am keeping a puppy, the final answer is no. The reason, you might ask?…. In 2000 I placed a puppy bitch with a great home.. we showed her to her Dual Championship and Ann (Mom) showed/trained her to her Obedience and Rally titles.. it is a home to die for.... A week and 1/2 ago, we lost Crystal to unexpected kidney failure. Mom, Ann made the hard decision that life was not good for her and let her go over the Rainbow Bridge. Ann still has Kobey that we co-own and he has been really missing his older house sister, so I offered Ann my pick puppy. She has decided to accept and take her home. I could not be more pleased.... as Ann and her family are my family and the best of friends. As you all know, I have two bitches that get along like bread and butter or as another friend put it, Peas and Carrots! While I was set to keep a puppy, I did worry that 3 is a crowd and I do not and do not want to have "packs"... we all live together... as a family... so my fear in keeping a puppy was that I would break up the bond between C-Me and Franie... now that problem doesn't exist. We will visit with or Ann will come up her every weekend.. and hopefully they will all continue to bond and be friends and the boy dog, Kobey too, but I don't have much fear about the boy dog... (not always the case with Mom's and bitches when they are not in the same house)....

So all the homes have been decided... the exact placement of the pups will be decided tomorrow after we grade the litter, but I am pretty sure who is going where.... will soon announce on the my website who is going where!

• Awww, well at least you will see your pick puppy frequently. Will you be showing Ann's puppy?

• Yes, I will show her… just like we did with Crystal.....

• Good for you! It's probably a hard thing to do, especially since you have had it in your head to add to your home…you have way more will power than I do, I don't think I could give my pup away...I'd end up with a brood!!
    Pics or videos??

• @tanza:

Yes, I will show her… just like we did with Crystal.....

that's nice. please let me know if you plan to move to colorado, sounds like such a nice situation.

• Pat, are you worried at all about the separation?? The day is coming soon!

• @Chealsie508:

Pat, are you worried at all about the separation?? The day is coming soon!

Nope not at all… Mom and Franie had no problem when I took them out twice for Eye Exams and Shots...

• @agilebasenji:

that's nice. please let me know if you plan to move to colorado, sounds like such a nice situation.

LOL Kim… hate to say... but I love the weather here... will not be any time soon.... today was 65 and Sunny, pups spent most of the day on the back porch in the sun

• Well today the first pup will be off to her new home in Wine Country… as the owners have a small winery! Tomorrow 3 more will be off to their new homes. The last two will stay till the 16th.

• Oh, no– that time already?! It went by so fast. Though the Wine Country sounds like an amazing place to grow up! I wouldn't mind living there myself. 🙂

• @ownedbyspencer:

Oh, no– that time already?! It went by so fast. Though the Wine Country sounds like an amazing place to grow up! I wouldn't mind living there myself. 🙂

Yes, it flew by…. (most of the time..LOL)... and me to.. live in Wine Country... But it is so rewarding to see how happy and excited people are with their new puppies..

• Website has been update with where the pups have and will go…. Left still here for another 2 wks is 2nd and 3rd born

• I'm glad the nest isn't quite empty yet! How's Mama C-Me doing?

• C-Me is doing fine, she was ready for them to go….LOL.... Franie will miss all 6 crawling all over her, I think

• LOL– guess nine weeks is a long time with six sets of shark teeth coming at you! Now you can all just admire them from afar...

• Amen to that…. and I am very blessed with the homes.... and that the puppy I would have kept as the pick puppy that I would have kept, has been placed with a previous puppy owner that bring her to me to show... comes to lure trials and is a wonderful Obedience person with great trainers..... sometimes "life" happens and thing happen as it should! I still have two here, decided to send one of them home next Friday... and the last will be on the 16th when her Mom's will be back from vacation......

Suggested Topics