• Wonderful! I'd love to know how she came to be a basenji-slave. I wonder the basenji was a gift (perhaps from an African dignitary?) or if she picked the breed herself.

• Queen Julianna, Queen Helen,… obviously the basenji is the choice of royalty! Thanks for posting this, I had no idea so many basenjis have owned a Queen.

• Hi Thunderbird - I hope you don't mind, I posted this photo on the BRAT FB page - it's just wonderful!

• @MacPack:

Queen Julianna, Queen Helen,… obviously the basenji is the choice of royalty! Thanks for posting this, I had no idea so many basenjis have owned a Queen.

Heh, my thoughts exactly. They sure find their way into royalty easily.

• I just purchased a book on eBay by the King of Thailand, who has/had a Basenji mix which he bred to a PB Basenji and kept all of the resulting pups!

Terry

• @bewler:

Hi Thunderbird - I hope you don't mind, I posted this photo on the BRAT FB page - it's just wonderful!

No problem, i'm pleased you like it

• @Terry:

I just purchased a book on eBay by the King of Thailand, who has/had a Basenji mix which he bred to a PB Basenji and kept all of the resulting pups!

Terry

That sounds interesting, could you tell me the book title and author please ?

• awesome picture!

• First Basenji's

@Terry, I'm curious too!

And thanks for sharing this picture, Shelley. Pure elegance.

• Did all of us on Basenji Forums ever doubt that we are really 'royalty'? 🙂
    Lovely picture, thanks for sharing it.

• The author is listed as His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the title is Biography of a Pet Dog The Story of Tongdaeng

The story is in Thai and English and has some great pictures! I don't know if the King actually wrote it as it sounds more like someone else did from the phrasing - "In fact, the KIng could be considered the foremost expert concerning the Basenji in Thailand." Perhaps the third person approach is partially due to the translation?

The book was originally printed in November, 2002, and reprinted through January 2003. A total of 650,000 copies were printed, so it must have sold reasonably well.

Terry

• If I remember correctly, it is still the best selling book ever published in Thailand. I found it in a second-hand-bookstore a few years ago. Nice book if you can get it cheap, but I wouldn't pay a lot of money to get one.

• First Basenji's

@Kipawa:

Did all of us on Basenji Forums ever doubt that we are really 'royalty'? 🙂
    Lovely picture, thanks for sharing it.

Fran you are soo right!! I'd argue Basenjis are the most regal breed around 🙂

• @Terry:

The author is listed as His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the title is Biography of a Pet Dog The Story of Tongdaeng

The story is in Thai and English and has some great pictures! I don't know if the King actually wrote it as it sounds more like someone else did from the phrasing - "In fact, the KIng could be considered the foremost expert concerning the Basenji in Thailand." Perhaps the third person approach is partially due to the translation?

The book was originally printed in November, 2002, and reprinted through January 2003. A total of 650,000 copies were printed, so it must have sold reasonably well.

Terry

Thank you, i will look out for it, sounds interesting

• There are some copies available on Amazon.com at a reasonable price. (also some at an unreasonable price!) 🙂

Suggested Topics