Skip to content

Do you think this dog is inbread?

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • senior dog and whining

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    4k Views
    ZandeZ
    @kembe you will
  • Dry dog food

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    9k Views
    Chealsie508C
    Oakley was on the Iams intestinal sensitivity formula because I tried taste of the wild ( of all kinds) and he was still having stool issues, combined with a puppy bout of giardia…he did well on it but I didn't feel good about the ingredients. From there I tried nature variety and he wasn't a fan. He has been sensative stool wise with many of the high quality foods so now we use Fromms and he is terrific. He loves all the varieties ( I mix two kinds at a time..one of their grain free versions with a grain version in order to get a reduced grain diet; stool issues if none or too much!) His weight is steady and his coat has never looked shinier, smoother of softer. Lastly, he loves the taste and I don't have to coax him to eat. I agree with not free feeding OR feeding from the same bowl. Since yours have issues (whether it's weight or sensitivity) knowing when they ate and controlling how much will allow you to better navigate around the health issues and possibly identify the cause of some as well!
  • Trouble Dog

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    18k Views
    Buddys PalB
    @Moth: Have you ever tried an obedience class? It might be a great place to start. It sounds like your dog is space guarding. http://ahimsadogtraining.com/blog/resource-guarding/ was just going through some old threads, and came across this one-Moth, I like your style and advice-esp this link!
  • Is Eggplant Toxic to dogs?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    57k Views
    AJs HumanA
    Tanza: Until the late 1700's, people who ate tomatoes without dying were considered to be witches. European wisdom at the time was tomatoes, while a pretty plant, were poisonous. They had to be because they look so much like Bella Donna. That's why the immigrants of the time thought Indians were magical: because Indians ate tomatoes and peppers all the time. There isn't enough of the active ingredient in any of the foods you feed your kids to hurt them. Since you peel your spuds, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Do you think it was just a fluke???

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    S
    See the post on test strips and get the ones they show. Strip test as Least once a month, or more. It will help ease your mind.
  • I think our B is sick

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    15k Views
    luzmery928L
    he's allergic to corn, peas, chicken, soy, the list continues so it's hard.