First Week with our Basenji

• First Basenji's

We adopted Saavik from BRAT last Saturday and it's been an interesting week to say the least. She is very sweet and has a great temperament overall… We were told that she doesn't Baroo, but the minute she got in the house she let out a big Baroo and commenced sniffing the house... She has been pretty good about going in her crate when we eat dinner and hasn't had any accidents in the house!!! WAHOO!

Wondering if anyone has observed their B do this silly little thing she has started... she will run up to a wall put her paws up and then do this exorcist thing with her head and look back at us....It's the funniest thing ever. So far only destruction has been shredding toilet paper and devouring "Lashes" her stuffed piggy.... I was unloading the dryer yesterday and walked out of the room for a minute only to return and find her in the dryer!!!! she jumped out before I could get her picture.

Here are some recent pictures of her 🙂

attachment_t_13078_0_saavik2.jpg
    attachment_t_13078_1_saavik3.jpg

• She obviously knew she was home when she got there and let out a big Baroo! Glad to see that everything is going well for you. B's do all sorts of funny things, shredding TP is just the tip of the iceberg. Good luck to her and you!

• What a beautiful color she is! So awesome that you adopted 🙂

• She looks like a doll and sounds like one too! Yes, the baroo was done to tell you how happy she was. As for the weird head positions, we get those here too! I think they are known as 'bendy heads' by many of us here.

• Bendy heads, bendy body, the will smack you when you aren't paying attention-all kinds of lovely things. Congrats on the adoption.

• She sounds like a charmer for sure! 🙂

• What a lovely girl! She sounds all Basenji to me. 😃 congrats on your adoption!!

• First Basenji's

Thanks everyone…she is very cute...but she knows it too!!! She is a diva for sure....I'll share more pictures as soon as I can get her to sit still long enough to snap one 🙂

• Sounds like you are having a good time with her.

Glad to see she is settling in and taking over 😃

• Congratulations! She is lovely, and obviously happy to be with you.

• Beautiful Basenji! She looks like a Saavic too! That's so appropriate for a basenji: half Vulcan, half Romulan!

• First Basenji's

Haha!!! thanks so much! I'm glad you got the reference with her name!! We love Star Trek and couldn't think of a more appropriate name for her with those little pointy ears 🙂

• Good luck on getting a picture when she is still, if she is anything like our 2 she won't be still very muvh. Our Bitty does this thing, when she comes up on the bed at bedtime she will flop down facing directly away from us and then bend her head back mover her shoulder to look at us.

Suggested Topics