Skip to content

Basenji walk

Show Off Your Dog
  • Fabulous pictures! I especially liked the jumping shots, and the picture of Mirtillo looking regal in the forest. :)

  • so much fun to see so many R&Ws (that's my favorite color) :)

  • What a gorgeous group of Basenjis. IMO, Tillo stands out as usual, maybe it's because he has such distinctive wrinkles - I've noticed some B's kind of lose that wrinkled look as they grow up.

  • What great pictures :)

    I love seeing that many basenjis having fun together :)

  • Wow, really nice pictures. Miss my forest walks with my Dad when I was back in Holland.

  • Lovely pictures and wonderful to see such a large happy group.

  • All these beautiful pictures make me want to move to the Netherlands… Last winter you took a picture of rows of trees in the snow that I still can't get out of my head...O to dream...

  • Thank you all for the nice comments :) It was such a lovely walk, I'm happy we decided to go. Normally I'm a bit worried about all those B's getting together.. But they proved me wrong :)

    @wizard:

    so much fun to see so many R&Ws (that's my favorite color) :)

    It was a beautiful sight! We got quite a lot of positive comments. And the R&W's are my absolute favorites as well :)

    @Chealsie508:

    All these beautiful pictures make me want to move to the Netherlands… Last winter you took a picture of rows of trees in the snow that I still can't get out of my head...O to dream...

    You are always welcome to come and visit :)

  • @Chealsie508:

    All these beautiful pictures make me want to move to the Netherlands… Last winter you took a picture of rows of trees in the snow that I still can't get out of my head...O to dream...

    I remember that picture as well! It took my breath away. I am not sure who took it (Janneke or Job), but the composition and feeling the picture gave made it so remarkable.

  • great pics :) as a photog for a living nice to see killer pics :)

    also love the log jumping ones both technical and subject :)

    so does Moyo like to ride around on shoulders then ? thats pretty funny :)

  • Job got some wonderful photos of your outing. Looks like all the dogs had a great time and got along, obviously all well socialized, as well as gorgeous.

Suggested Topics

  • 1 Votes
    11 Posts
    8k Views
    T
    Hi everyone, Thanks for all of your replies! Rex just had his first vet visit (first with me at least), and he was given a clean bill of health. The vet that I saw also agrees with a lot of you that he looks like a Min Pin more than a Basenji, but he is likely still mixed with something because he's a bit too big to be a pure Min Pin. I've looked at a few DNA Dog Breed tests online, and they seem to range in price and in quality. It seems like some of the cheaper (~$50) tests are fake, but they go all the way up to almost $250 for the higher quality ones. Do any of you have experience with these DNA tests / have a brand you found reputable? I'll be sure to post the results of any of the tests with this forum! Thanks again, and Rex is doing really great in his new home!! [image: 1559586518913-img_3707-resized.jpg] [image: 1559586546977-img_3720-resized.jpg] [image: 1559586568474-img_3708-resized.jpg]
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    MothM
    Congratulations :) What lovely dogs!
  • Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    No idea, sometimes with mixes it's so hard to tell what the parentage is. I do think that your dog's head is a bit more refined than many of the pit mixes i've seen.
  • Basenjis in the 70s

    Show Off Your Dog
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    Forever AmberF
    I'm originally from California so that is where we got them. I will have to ask my mom if she knows anything about their breeding. They were both over a year old when they came to us. The male was an escaper. My parents had to add an extention on our 6 ft wall because he would jump it. Even then he found a way to get out. We couldnt figure it out for the longest time how he did it. He had found a window upstairs that didn't latch, he would nose it open get on the roof then jump to the wall and from the wall to the ground. The male in pic is prob just sniffing We were working on that bedroom so there were alot of new scents. I cant recall him ever barooing. The female though was very vocal. After talking to my mom, I don't have any more info. Both dogs were given up by their owners because they became to much for them to handle. Alphy the male was a handful being an escaper, Lady was a great counter surfer. Alphy liked all dogs and people. Lady only liked people. But other than that they were sweet and loving dogs.
  • Basenji Destruction!!!

    Show Off Your Dog
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Basenji or not??

    Show Off Your Dog
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    6k Views
    L
    Thank you very much for the info. I will have to try the time out. He was crate trained as far as being house broken, but now when I put brownie in the crate all he does is whine.. I do have 2 older dogs. one that plays with him and the other, well he just growls at brownie. The mother that was there when I got Brownie was a white shepard, maybe that is where the broad nose comes in.