New Basenji owners…...Don't be afraid!!!!!

• Yes, there really is that much "fluff" in a $3 Target pillow!!!!!!

I went to a friend's house for dinner last night and come home to this!!!! Don't know which B drug the pillow over to the previously chewed-on dog bed. I have my suspicions. They both gladly posed with the handiwork!!!!

Such a proud moment…..
    attachment_t_12981_0_dscn5187.jpg
    attachment_t_12981_1_dscn5190.jpg

• Dog in picture #2 looks guilty to me! Of course, #1 has more of a "you don't like it? Tough!" expression. 🙂

• Ah the joys of fluff. We keep thinking they will learn or grow out of it, yet my 3 yr. old girl still loves to see pillows, couches, comforters, etc. become piles of fluff. We are not alone however. I saw a picture of a couch that was nearly totally fluffed out, with a chihuahua looking out of one of the pillows - he had made himself an igloo and was quite proud of it. Major quality if owning a basenji: Sense of humor!

• So glad I'm not alone! Lmao

• Oh dear - this looks oh so familiar!!!

• better his pillow than yours!

• I pick #2 ! lol

• I believe you had a burglar who tried to steal the pillow, and they fought to save it. The pillow was killed in the process. Case closed.

• @MacPack:

I believe you had a burglar who tried to steal the pillow, and they fought to save it. The pillow was killed in the process. Case closed.

LOL!!! This sounds sooo believeable. I think it is an open and shut case, like you said. They were just trying to 'protect' their property….

• …by making it too undesirable to steal.

• I use the fluff/stuffing in my boy's crate as bedding. Arnie would tear up bedding in his crate and destuff it. I once used an old pillow thinking that would work but he chewed a hole in the pillow and pulled out all the stuffing. He did not want to chew on the stuffing though so I use it as bedding. Now I buy it at WalMart for him. My girl Bambi however loves the stuffing and if she is nearby his crate when I open it, she will try to grab some of the fluff and will run with it under the kitchen table and chew it. These are 11 and 9 year old Bs.

Jennifer

• On a serious note, I realize B's are prone to this kind of funny (?) behaviour, but I'm curious do most of them do this or it just a minority?

• @Still_Waters_43:

On a serious note, I realize B's are prone to this kind of funny (?) behaviour, but I'm curious do most of them do this or it just a minority?

I think they probable ALL do it.. And they NEVER grow out of it!!!

• @dmey:

I think they probable ALL do it.. And they NEVER grow out of it!!!

I second this answer…....my boy tried to de-stuff my couch once.....

• Just once…?!!!

• Not all but I think most do!

• I would say most do when they are puppies. Whether they continue to do this as adults probably depends on temperament and environment. I have been fortunate in that none of mine have been destructive as adults. My current boy doesn't even get into tissues, and has never destroyed his plush toys. 🙂

• My Arnie can strip the outer layer off of a tennis ball and have it be intact and can shred a rope toy in minutes. I found this out when he was younger. My friends B would take the squeaker out of every toy. At the dog shows I would buy the toys without a squeaker at a big discount just for him!

Jennifer

• My 14 year old girl will usually 'kill' her stuffed toys, and any shoe or purse left within reach may be a victim.
    She does not destroy everything or often, but the possibility is there!
    The boys only shake their stuffed toys, and toss them around. Nicky is the only 'killer' here. My last pack (5 or them) were not destructive at all.

• We are lucky to have never had serious damage to our furniture. Our dogs like to destuff EVERY animal and take out all the squeekers. It's funny, the incision they make to get the fluff out is ALWAYS at the throat. Very instinctive dogs, they are. We also have to keep the door to the bathroom closed or else we'd come home to a TP'd apartment!

Suggested Topics