God answered my prayers. Pic overload

• i didn't mean the shock collar alone, an underground fence would have a wire you bury in the ground and the collar would beep if bart got too close, like within 3', and then if the beep didn't deter him, he would get a static shock (similar to when we get shocked after walking on carpet in wool socks - not painful). hopefully the shock would distract him and send his mind elsewhere, however, it may not work and he may just proceed as planned. i think a small fence is probably the best scenario.

• im sorry i misunderstood you. I don't think my mom would go for an underground fence. And the construction would probably freak out the rabbits. I will look around to get ideas for a fence. And keep everyone posted.

Yesterday I came home from class to find him laying on the window sill behind the loveseat! He loves people watching lol. Lately he has been extra mischievous I wish he would get over this kennel cough so I can properly exercise him at the dog park. For now walks will have to do. (Im not much of a runner) He also has a fondness for crawling on the floor he has been doing it more and more. It is just adorable

• The underground "fence" is simply a wire buried, not a big construction.

• But keep in mind about underground fences… they can and do learn pretty easily that they can run through for a short "shock"...

Between the fact that they are "game/food" and the rabbit poop (almost as good as cat litter box poop), you are in for an uphill battle. I would suggest if you do a fence you consider a hot wire at the top and bottom. That would be IMO, more successful that a shock collar (that I totally disagree with) and/or underground fencing.

• re feet, here's a pic of a chow chow foot (just thought it interesting)

• Please, no shock collars..it's well, I can't get into a rant..please don't.

• @agilebasenji:

re feet, here's a pic of a chow chow foot (just thought it interesting)

Chows and basenji are among the 11 oldest breeds (earliest split from wolves). You have to wonder what it says about me that I love them both.

• LOL, while I love all breeds… I just don't want them living in my house, I have a really hard time with the hair... ggg... guess I am just lazy at heart and love these "wash and wear" Basenjis....

• @DebraDownSouth:

Chows and basenji are among the 11 oldest breeds (earliest split from wolves). You have to wonder what it says about me that I love them both.

That you're an oldie but a goodie? 😃

• LOL Pat. I got into Rotties with the false notion that short hair meant less shedding… Rotties indeed shed only once a year, but it lasts 365 days. I do love the easy care of the basenjis, and may go with a short haired Chow next time I get one.

Suggested Topics