• Hi. I feel so ashamed. I have to out my bitch. Pepper is a pillow licker. I wouldn't mind if she did it when I wasn't sleeping/laying on the pillow at the time. Is this a normal trait? Or do I have a dysfunctional basenji?

• We had a tri boy staying with us for awhile, Bubba Roi, that was a pants licker…like on your shin...it was creepy. That was years ago, and to this day, if one of the dogs licks our clothes we call it a "Bubba Roi"

• Any other issues with this b?

• suki's a pillow licker as well. not too much, but a few licks each night. and she's a total pillow hog. every single time i get up to go to the bathroom, i return to find her sleeping on my pillow.

• hmmmm . . . have you noticed a preference for, say, down pillows versus man made materials?

• Dexter licks pillows all the time too!! He licks blankets too…and us all the time.

• I get a foot bath from Kipawa every night, and would personally feel snubbed if he stopped doing it!

• Sharron, where do I start….LOL My name is Pepper, hear me baroooooooooo.

• Spring is a pillow licker too - the trouble is her daughter, Gbala, sometimes decides that where Spring has licked she ought to cover the evidence by eating it.

• Okay I feel better. I never shared cause I figured would gross everyone out (like my daughter is over it). Cara licks the sheets and pills and quilt. Not a LOT but enough that Leora says I sleep in dog spit, lol. She usually just gives a few licks, does NOT make it wet thank you. She also flea bites the cover and pillow.

• I thought my B was the only one. I guess I should remember that abnormal behavior isn't so abnormal when comparing to other Basenjis. 😃

• My B Scarlett sometimes licks pillows and blankets but she much rather be playing with our socks, clean or not…she prefers not!

• @Walter:

My B Scarlett sometimes licks pillows and blankets but she much rather be playing with our socks, clean or not…she prefers not!

Socks, my feet… makes you wonder how Scarlett and Kipawa were brought up. 🙂 Maybe Kevin and Therese were privvy to evening foot licks. 🙂

• Socks are her favorite toy in the world, the fluffier the better! BTW Fran, is Kipawa a talkative boy. Scarlett gives us many baroos. When I visited Kevin and Therese I always wanted to her one but never did! 🙂

• @Walter:

Socks are her favorite toy in the world, the fluffier the better! BTW Fran, is Kipawa a talkative boy. Scarlett gives us many baroos. When I visited Kevin and Therese I always wanted to her one but never did! 🙂

hi Walter - Kipawa is very vocal. Many different sounds - squeaky yawns, low rumbles, but the one most often is the baroo combined with what sound like 'basenji words'. We get it often - if someone approaches the house, right before his meals, and when one of us comes home from being out for awhile, even though he was still at home with the other human. It's almost like he is telling us he is upset with anyone leaving him and that we are not to do it EVER again - very cute! I am going to have to do a video of his baroos when one of us comes home. Will then post it here.

Are you going to the EBC Specialty in Auburn this summer? We will be there to watch the show and all of the festivities. The bar-b-que in the evening is great. Last year there was an auction. I just missed out on getting a great print of a basenji in Africa with its native owner. I was a picture done by James Johannes.

• It is wonderful to hear he is very talkative too. She makes all of those sounds as well. I work in a specialty doctor's office and occasionally get to bring her to work with me and when patients come in, she melts their hearts with her cuteness and will baroo at some of them. She is actually with me now! She is like a treatment dog…she makes the patients happy and feel like kids again, especially the Doc!:)

I will have to look into the EBC function. We live close enough and I see no reason why we wouldn't go.

• I am 90% sure that I am coming up this year with the girls for EBC…

• Cricket licks our floor speakers when there is heavy bass going through them. She gets the strangest looks of joy when she does this… it's awkward...

• yep. jonny is a licker too. he likes to lick everything but his favorite are feet. he loves to steal things too. every morning he brings me a certain pillow and my sons underware. 🙂

• LOL I want a video of Cricket and the speakers! ROFLMAO.

Suggested Topics