Mine have a subtle tail wag but their butts are wiggling so much its hard to tell
I can't stop this feeling!!!!
It appears that after 2/12 years I have forgotten all the trouble Ayo was as a puppy. I can't stop thinking about adding a baby girl to our home. !!!!
Im in no hurry, and I will definitely wait to see if i will really be moving (i don't like my apartment) this year but.. I find myself browsing in all the breeder websites.. I would love a baby black and white girl…
krunzer last edited by
you are in trouble…...
Tri B. last edited by
It's easier the second time around. The little one will be preoccupied with her older playmate. Plus you'll know what to expect.
Moth last edited by
Once puppy fever sets in you are already a lost cause
I know, it's been growing for a while, just waiting for a good excuse, somethhing other than fever to justify with, the prospect of moving is perfect!!!!….......hahahahah , just caught Ayo chewing on the bed sheets as I was writing this..!!!!!! :-)....
tanza last edited by
Nothing like a puppy! IMO…...... I'm sure that Ayo would love one too!
Ayo in march 2010…
AndrewnShango last edited by
hahaha, welcome to the club!
I had Shango, my older boy, and wanted to add a second. Everyone thought I was crazy until I actually did! I rescued Newsom and now have a beautiful Basenji duo who LOVE each other and play so well. I can't imagine life with just one….it's absolutely a joy to have two and the other posters are right- the second one does seem to be easier because they have us so well trained from the first!
I worry that I may be getting in over my head, I also have Rosie, so that would make three.. I am actually a little concerned that I may not be able to handle three of them comfortably on walks etc… That it may be harder to take them places if there are three of them.... i don't know. But then I think, who cares, I'm sure it is that way for everyone that has several dogs... I think moving from here (my apartment) is definitely one thing that will help me decide. If I do move then it will be an easier decision...
DebraDownSouth last edited by
I have permanent puppy fever but I can't until we move and shouldn't even then. I'll probably adopt an adult chow or rottie. Having lived with a fighting situation and managed it for years, I just don't want to ever do it again, and I don't want a male so I'm pretty stuck.
It is hard to believe Ayo is so old! Oh my I remember drooling over the puppy pictures!
So talk to breeders, get on a waiting list with them understanding you are not SURE and not for however long you think it might be before you move. Or maybe even FOSTER another dog, does not have to be a basenji, and see if handling 3 dogs is what you want to do.
I know.. time flies … already two and a half.......
You are so right,, i guess the thing is I am envisioning a bit of a change in my living situation, where I may move to a bigger place and also maybe have the possibility of going to the mountains on a regular basis. This may or may not happen, but I guess I will know this year. If that happens then I definitely will want another.