Red and white byb girl sale 250.00 houston

• Again, if you feel that strongly, you put up the money and then give her to BRAT. Many of us feel it is rewarding bad behavior… maybe if she at least had her spayed first, some might feel a bit differently.

And I agree that if she was really concerned about the dog and its well being... she would give the dog to BRAT... along with the fact that this dog or the pups sire or the pups for that matter are not DNA for Fanconi either.

• Houston

well, I have been in contact with her and she is wanting to rehome several dogs..I have mentioned BRAT but thinks she won't go for that as she is wanting money.
    The female in particular is showing some aggression (towards the other females in the house..somewhat normal behavior right?) while with her pups and she stated some people won't like that so she is getting rid of her and keeping two of the puppies instead…not a loving thing to do in my opinion. We'll see maybe she will do the BRAT thing..would love for that to happen.

• @tanza:

Again, if you feel that strongly, you put up the money and then give her to BRAT. Many of us feel it is rewarding bad behavior… maybe if she at least had her spayed first, some might feel a bit differently.

And I agree that if she was really concerned about the dog and its well being... she would give the dog to BRAT... along with the fact that this dog or the pups sire or the pups for that matter are not DNA for Fanconi either.

+1. Perfectly put. West Coast Flea…Why not buy her yourself and turn her over to BRAT - especially since you feel so strongly about it.

• ive already been in contact with brat to see if they will consider placing her if i pay the cost
    so as long as brat agrees its taken care of
    my mistake for thinking anyone here would want to be part of getting this girl into the brat system rather then just bashing irresponsible breeders

• The only angry venting person in this thread is you. Really it is. And just because you don't like an answer doesn't make it nonconstructive.

Nor were people JUST bashing irresponsible breeders. Your turning it into this tantrum makes no sense. Take a breathe and reread it.

• I am not getting in between the two opinions that seem to be on this thread but I will say this:

I read all the posts in this thread and what struck me odd was when I heard the address this woman gave was a business address, what strikes me odd about this is that why would someone want to give a business address? To me that says there's something to hide. I say this because she can get into personals but give an informal contact…I personally would take that to mean "this person doesn't want me seeing there place."

Just saying ( but not giving my opinion on the topic of whether to donate or not)

• Houston

..and when I contacted her to potentially come visit the dog as a "buyer", she gave me yet another area of town she lives in, not League City but Seabrook…hmmm.

• First Basenji's

When I told you that there is a possibility that she isn't being honest with you, it wasn't to discourage you, it was to let you know that it happens. I know you said that it doesn't matter to you as long as it gets this girl into BRAT, but as someone that has been scammed by dishonest BYBs, I thought it was important to let you know.

Did she say what will happen to the dogs if she doesn't sell them? Animal shelter, rescue, etc? She mentioned have over 20 dogs, so are these two (the male and female mentioned in her email) the last of the 20+? If she does take them to an animal shelter, then BRAT can get them from there without having to spend money that they need to help lots of other Bs in the organization.

• LOL so I went looking using her number… and while it is encouraging I don't find her listed as a commercial breeder, she obviously is selling these dogs to make money. I also am suspicious since she CLAIMED she came home with 20.. so who knows, local paper ads, direct to pet stores? What happened with the others?

She even has email account with basenjipups@yahoo.com
    http://www.k9stud.com/PuppiesforSale/Basenji262249.aspx

http://www.puppyfind.com/view_listing/?list_id=1ew5s220t3

Subject: WEISS, MARY BETH
    Taylor Lake Village, TX
    Mary Beth Weiss
    (Age 45)
    AKA: Mary B Carothers
    Taylor Lake Village, TX current
    Previous:
    Seabrook, TX
    League City, TX
    Houston, TX

• Ronald
    • Karen Weiss Hill (Age 54)
    • Charlene N Weiss (Age 25)
    • Joshua Gerome Weiss (Age 28)
    • Ronaldsanford Weiss (Age 50)
    • Ronnie Weiss

Phone isn't listed, she has ads giving several towns, and wth is this about? The dog whisper?

She has been with me about 6 months and was meant to be a companion for my basenji female but, cant have two alphas in the same house. I paid $400 (+ $300 transportation) for her plus the dog whisper (ask $1250 a dog) and comes with a behavior lifetime guarantee from her.

This ad made me throw up:

Red AKC Red and White Intact Male Basenji…He has mainly been an outside dog, weather permitting, but does come inside at night. He is intact and is a knowledgeable breeder. His last breeding he sired 8 puppies…Would be willing to sell his girlfriend with him. You will see him cuddled up with his two girls in the pictures. Only selling him and girlfriend due to homeowners restriction of only 3 pets per household and I want to keep his pups.

• Houston

She has yet to respond to my email regarding BRAT…she is not interested in the best for these animals..only the money..in my opinion..so sad.
    I don't know how many dogs she still has, but she has at least 5 or so grown basenjis and then several puppies too..She is only keeping two of the puppies and her daughter is keeping one according to the email I received...so they are effectively doing "out with the old, in with the new"...

• Houston

She told me she is in Seabrook..why the ads mention League city or houston I don't know.

Jepp, that last ad made my stomach turn as well…

• once again this post was simply to see if anyone would like to help put this girl into the brat system

it was meant to be a positive goal that basenji lovers could take part in if THEY felt it was a good thing

period

is understanding this simple concept really that difficult ?

the things that have been posted so far have nothing to do with the original post
    what ive seen so far are

lectures on rescue philosophy

a real emphasis on rewarding or punishing the breeder

comments on how angry i seem to be with differing opinions?
    i didnt post here for opinions
    if stating that fact somehow translates to angry that again is an opinion that has nothing to do with the topic of whether this girl should be rescued or not

speculation on how much the breeder loves her dog or how concerned she is about her well being
    and what THAT has to do with anything i really cant figure out now we only rescue dogs whose owners care about them ??

NONE of this matters and some of it is just defies any logic whatsoever
    is it any wonder that im impatient with some of the things that have been said ?

the reason for the post was to see how many people who be able to participate in helping this dog if we able to determine that she meets the criteria for rescue

if you have anything to say that will help meet that goal i would love to hear it
    in the meantime i will continue doing what i can to see what needs to be done to enable brat to take her

• crystalncody

just read your post thank you for replying 🙂

there is a lot of misinformation at this point and alot of speculation
    about this woman
    what would be great is if someone on this forum knew about her in some way but …
    im discussing this with my coordinator to see if the funds are made available if brat will take this girl into the system
    i believe the next step is for someone to meet this woman and make a decision as to what is going on and whether purchasing this girl will meet with rescue criteria

if so then as long as brat doesnt have to pay im hoping they will take her in
    it could be that this particular situation wont fit into the rescue criteria and if it doesnt then at least the effort to help this girl was made and thats all that anyone can do

• Houston

A question….what about the other dogs she has, will Brat take them too? She told me she has a male/female combo for sure...maybe even more.

• all that i know of are the male and female she has listed now for sale along with whatever puppies she is selling
    someone else contacted her and they seem to think she has more for sale so i really cant say for sure

at this point its just a matter of hoping that whoever purchases her will give her a good home since it seems i will be unable to do anything about her

• I'm curious….she has an adult male, an adult female, and some puppies for sale. So what happened to the rest of the 20 Basenjis she purchased?

• Houston

You know I am wondering that myself, but she didn't tell me when I inquired…she might not have them all anymore..

• Houston

Hi, I just purchased my puppy from Mary weiss 4 wks ago and i got AKC papers and both the male and female are registered, when we went to look at the puppy's there were 4 boys and 2 girls in the batch she showed and only the mother was around, but there were more puppy's in the house that we didn't see because they were "sold" when we picked the dog up there was also some black and brindle pups and the litter we saw was all red and white but didn't think as to where they came from. We loved our sweet puppy so much we contacted her for one of her brothers as a companion, and she acted like she had no idea who I was, and said the other female was all that was left and it was being purchased possibly if they liked it, there are just little things that are not adding up with this breeder though, wish I would have seen this before

• Mary Weiss 😞 has been mentioned a number of times in various threads. Go to the SEARCH area of this forum, and type in her name.

• mary beth weiss is a back yard breeder her adult female annie is ckc not akc and was was purchased from a puppymill

mary beth has not tested for fanconi beyond strip testing (or so she says)
    when i contacted her she knew almost nothing about fanconi called it doggie diabetes and said that symptoms didnt show up until a dog was quite old

mary beth weiss does nothing but use these dogs to make money selling puppies then gets rid of them she has had her 3 adults listed on kiji for months at a low price selling them as "breeders"

she will not be taking back any puppies from any buyer as she has a limit of 3 dogs where she live

Suggested Topics