Skip to content

Red & White B in Dubuque Iowa shelter

Basenji Rescue

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    D
    It is difficult to give up a dog one has had for over 4 years! I lived in an apt. in Houston and I know that unless you walk the dog frequently or have it go to doggy day care and dog parks, the dog will not get enough exercise. Jennifer
  • KY-Stanford-Young B Mixes-1 Female & 1 Male-In Shelter

    Basenji Rescue
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • IA-Dubuque-PB Senior R&W Male-In Shelter

    Basenji Rescue
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    Patty MP
    I found the same dog on Petango.com this morning… here is the link: http://www.petango.com/Adopt/Dog-Basenji-14601979 The information states, Benny was surrendered to us and is a bit timid at first, but once she warms up she will love you. She is very attentive to herself most of the time, but she is extremely treat motivated and takes them politely. We think she'd be a great companion for a patient and caring family that would take time to work with her. Call 563-582-6766 to speak to an adoption representative at Dubuque Regional Humane Society I hope Mr/Miss Benny is adopted soon!
  • B&W Basenji (mix?) in Memphis Animal Shelter

    Basenji Rescue
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    curlytailsC
    Thanks for the update, Debbi. I really hope they stay on top of things and make sure to call BRAT if they ever have a basenji. This shelter's in the national spotlight for some really awful accountability and leadership problems. The less time ANY dog spends in there, the better… unfortunately, a lot of times it means the dogs are being dragged directly to the kill room. =( Anyway, thank you for checking. I hope someone can swoop in to help her soon -- she's a cutie, whatever she is.
  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    D
    These are no longer on Petfinder. I hope they got adopted and/or sent to a rescue group. Jennifer