Skip to content

My girl is spotting

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Behavior Changes in my 8 year old girl??

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    N
    @jengosmonkey Thanks so much for your thoughtful response. Regular vet checked her ears which looked pretty good although she gave me some additional ear medicine. She also thought it might be allergies (I know mine have been killing me this year). Since the regular vet is a bit of a trip (about 30 minutes), I am set up to have a new patient visit in early June with another well regarded multi vet practice about 10 minutes away. A perfect time to get another vet's opinion on the new behavior assuming that it still occurring. Olly has been boarded at her favorite kennel for a week because I was ill and afraid I might be hospitalized. I check on her via their webcam during the day and she seems perfectly content. I asked if they had seen any head shaking or flight during her but they said she seemed normal. I think her aim is to drive me nuts. She is succeeding! Thanks again!
  • mixed up girl

    Basenji Talk
    7
    2 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    M
    good try but not a basenji
  • We spotted a basenji…...

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • That's the spot!

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    If Malaika is lying down and you tickle her tum, she rolls partialy over or lifts her back leg to give better access :D She also loves you to scratch the back of her head, this makes her frown and her lips stretch into a realy long Crocodile grin. I will have to try and get a pic,lol
  • My Very Clever Girl…

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    8k Views
    sabaS
    @snorky998: The way those little feet can grasp and manipulate things, it's almost as if they do have a psuedo thumb (like pandas).:) Opposable thumbs are often related to species that are considered to have a higher order of thinking. Those of us here that have ever said "How the h*** did the dog(s) do that!!" may secretly think they just hide their thumbs till we're not looking :D. Higher order of thinking? Who knows. Prankster order of thinking? Absolutely!! :D :D :D Toooooooooo funny, and tooooooo true…
  • Funny girl

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    jys1011J
    HA HA LOL LOL :D :D that's a great story!