Skip to content

The Basenji magazine

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji pick in a Sled Dog magazine

    Basenji Talk
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    16k Views
    ?
    Wow another thing to boast about the Basenji, I already can't say enough to people when they ask what breed Kaiser is, people must think I'm a showoff. Jolanda and Kaiser
  • Basenji Song-Moon Over Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Oh Barklessdog, you are a brave person. I must now stand with you in insane-solidarity and admit I bought it too. It is awful but when you get the line "we couldn't say goodbye so we took him home" part, you know you got to help support the woman. lol
  • Basenji in Dog Fancy magazine January 2012 issue

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    Marie HeidebrechtM
    It's a very well-written article and I think it accurately describes the basenji's idiosyncrasies that we all know and love and that the average person would find frustrating. I think the take-home message for those who don't know basenjis is that they should educate themselves more before taking the "plunge". Personally, I was thrilled to see a b/w pictured. My only complaint is that the main cover dog wasn't a basenji!
  • Is this a Basenji??

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    18k Views
    G
    My Basenji Billy is quite undershot; he's a purebred, his bottom jaw just didn't stop growing when it was supposed to. That's okay, I'm a bit of a sucker for a dog with an underbite anyway.:) He was my first rescue Basenji.
  • The Basenji magazine

    Basenji Talk
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    15k Views
    S
    I've e-mailed you as well Lisa :)
  • Is this a basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    37
    0 Votes
    37 Posts
    26k Views
    DukeD
    @phoenix3: Looks like a B to me but i think more of a B mix he looks like he has corse hair Maybe be has the size of a cattledog body and a basenji head :) My Aspen is a cattledog/ terrier mix he has the body of a cattledog {the colors} and the height and face of a terrier heres a pic so u can see the colors of the cattledog well one color anyways :D :D phoenix3 - this is Aspen? I'm so amazed at her spots, because my Daisy has spots like Aspens. We know her mother is pure R/W Basenji and she is thought her other half Beagle. One of her other litter mate moms thought Blue Healer (cattledog). But I subscribed to the Beagle. Daisy could be … Cattle Dog I suppose. She's bigger than Duke now at almost 9 months old. I will show her off soon on "Show Off" forum soon.