Skip to content

Basenji Mix in New York Dog magazine

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji mix.... But what mix!

    Basenji Talk
    16
    4 Votes
    16 Posts
    7k Views
    S
    @aprilk yea definitely! Thanks for being welcoming to a non-,basenji super mix everyone!!
  • 0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    L
    Thanks Don C
  • Basenji mix?

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    C
    I am no expert but I looked at the photo before reading your post and I thought it was one. The classic white shoulders, upright ears, pointed nose and shape of face....I agree a profile view would add but it would not be hard to convince me this dog has some basenji genes.
  • New basenji

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    11k Views
    G
    And I think that clicker training is the BEST way to train a Basenji. -Joanne
  • Basenji in Dog Fancy magazine January 2012 issue

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    Marie HeidebrechtM
    It's a very well-written article and I think it accurately describes the basenji's idiosyncrasies that we all know and love and that the average person would find frustrating. I think the take-home message for those who don't know basenjis is that they should educate themselves more before taking the "plunge". Personally, I was thrilled to see a b/w pictured. My only complaint is that the main cover dog wasn't a basenji!
  • Basenji in magazine

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    K
    I bought one for Blaze last year as he would walk up to the bed then whine, then make a feeble attempt to get up and we had to help him. He refused to use them! Every once in a while he still does the feeble whine thing, but usually he just takes a running jump. He's still pretty agile for 16.