Skip to content

Sick pup, help stomach virus

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Need help!!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    D
    @nick4 Sounds like an allergy or something biting him. For sure the vets and see what they say. Benadryl for sure, as far as I know it does no harm if you dose correctly.
  • Sick puppy

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    4k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    If you don't trust the vets you are seeing, please get her to a university vet for a second opinion. Have you talked to any of the other owners of the litter, or is she a rescue? When kennel cough is really bad, it can take months to clear up and the cough go away. She could also have allergies affecting her at night.. where does she sleep? Can you change where she sleeps to see if it's better?
  • Fluid build-up in stomach- HELP

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    74
    0 Votes
    74 Posts
    44k Views
    BDawgB
    I'm so sorry to hear about Meeka's situation. This is the first time I've read the thread all the way through and I have to say I'm just sitting here in tears. I can't imagine what you must be going through. But please know we all care about you and are sending good vibes your way. Our babies are so precious. This is just so heartbreaking.
  • Help, Please!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    8k Views
    gbroxonG
    @tanza: Hmm…. I would "bet not".....gggg;) And you'd win! This morning, Magnum followed me down to the laundry room where I had put some painted-up towels I used last night to get off a lot of the paint when it first happened. Luckily, I was able to grab them up just as he got into position to throw himself down and roll on them. (I trashed them after getting them as clean as I could.) He just loves rolling in stuff that's smelly, whether it's a good smell or a bad smell! He may have learned a lesson, but it's obviously not one that's gonna stop him from rolling in smelly stuff! He seems to be okay even after getting several licks of paint in, no tummy problems, his usual laid-back self. Eating and drinking well.
  • Help!!!!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    tanzaT
    Yup, I would agree, UTI is possible…
  • Help with diarrhea

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    20k Views
    QuercusQ
    @tanza: And also important that he is drinking normal amounts of water Good point….