Skip to content

Sick pup, help stomach virus

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Help!!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    2 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    I have never had a vet not know what breed my dogs are, even though when I got my first one they did not have any others in the practice. My vet immediately began reading up. And when I gave her info, she listened. Foxtails can be very nasty and a vet that lives in an area with them should know you have to REMOVE IT before your dog will get better. So I join the others in begging you to get another vet.
  • Sick Basenji

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    5k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    I agree with Buddys Pal… if they didn't do either urinalysis or xray, I'd get them done. If you have a sick dog and the vet just sort of says "oh well, blood work looks okay".. may be time for a new vet. Something is obviously wrong.
  • Sick puppy

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    4k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    If you don't trust the vets you are seeing, please get her to a university vet for a second opinion. Have you talked to any of the other owners of the litter, or is she a rescue? When kennel cough is really bad, it can take months to clear up and the cough go away. She could also have allergies affecting her at night.. where does she sleep? Can you change where she sleeps to see if it's better?
  • Help Needed

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    sinbajeS
    I would not have posted if I beleived it to be a scam. For folks who do worry about such things - one can always let the person know they would be more than willing to donate directly to the vet clinic for care of their pet. M.C. I too beleive they either got what they needed to help their little girl or they realized they put too much info on craigslist. I am hoping for the former. As for Drew - yes - that is a picture of him. If you really want to know - email me privately and I can send you a copy of an article I was asked to write for an Aussie pubication re: him.
  • Help Please

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    7k Views
    tanzaT
    @JazzysMom: Oh sorry, should have been more clear. I just sent my dogs' blood to Bryan, HE sent it on for testing. I was just replying as to where/how to physically mail the blood, not so much as related to the testing itself. Me too, should have been more clear, I was really responding to etzbseder about the CPP site and submitting blood, didn't even look to see the message was from you…. ggg
  • Sensitive Stomachs?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    14k Views
    E
    My vet told me I could give a whole benadryl tablet for his seasonal allergies. I sometimes give him half a tablet and hide it in some cream cheese. I boiled a chicken leg with some rice, carrots and green beans. His stool seems to be getting better since I gave him 1/2 an immodium last night.