Miss Quiet and Mr Noise maker

• My first B Zoe is so quiet. She can and does yodel but only rarely. She let out a sort of bark twice when she was startled and will whine on occation. But for the most part she is so quiet it is eery. Then 4 months ago we got Chief. He usually yodels several times a day which is great lol. But he also screams like the star of a horror movie when he is startled. He wants everything Zoe has (doesn't matter that he didn't want it before as soon as she wants it so does he) he will badger her with whines and strange noises until she walks away in disgust letting him have it. Not even sure who is dominant here. Anyway with all the noises he makes he also barks quite often. When Hubby tells him NO! he will turn around and bark like he is telling him off. When he wants zoe or another dog to play he barks. Then sometimes out of the blue he up and barks. Hubby swears he's a mutt lol. I know he isn't but he is so different from Zoe in size, shape, coat and temperament people sometimes think I have 2 types of dogs. He definitely lives up to the name my daughter gave him Mischief!

How many have Bs that bark?

• I believe you were warned about the consequences of naming him Mischief. 🙂
    They always live up to a name like that!

• @MacPack:

I believe you were warned about the consequences of naming him Mischief. 🙂
    They always live up to a name like that!

Yep, what she said. I tell everyone I named Zest that because she adds color and flavor to my life, but really I picked the name out before I got her. The name popped into my head and I said "I want my next agility basenji to be named Zest!" So, blame your daughter.

• Hmmm I wonder what he would be like if I got my way and named him magic or even mystic? Actually he answers to mystic because it sounds so much like mischief.

• His sister barks… and really makes different noises.... so it is in the bloodlines... she is right now telling Franie that she wants what she has... and it is between squeaks, barks, and other interesting noises..... just follow the family...gggg

• It that C Me get what I want Tanza? lol C Me Roar :). Can I change his name now?

• @Forever:

Hmmm I wonder what he would be like if I got my way and named him magic or even mystic? Actually he answers to mystic because it sounds so much like mischief.

Well, then things would just disappear.

• Sonny has only every barked at one person since he was a puppy….my mother :eek:.....he barks at her every time we go visit the house or he see her anywhere..and he barks & yodels till he feels she's given him enough attention! people always get a kick out of it when they see it because other wise he never makes a sound :p

Suggested Topics