Skip to content

REALLY worth reading

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • My Basenji has HOT SPOTS is it really a food allergy?

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    YodelMaY
    My youngster was losing his fur in patches last winter, I was convinced it was food allergies. My vet said it was likely a contact allergy. Sure enough,homemade organic food didn't help. Since I don't use any chemical household products (no cleaners, rug or room deoderizers, scented candles etc) I was mystified. You need to become a detective to find the problem. In Sunny's case, the problem was a dust allergy: I moved his crate close to a heat vent so he wouldn't be cold! As soon as I moved his crate away from the vent his fur started to grow back. I moved to a house with wood heat this summer and he's been fine this winter.
  • Finished reading Goodbye My Lady

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    snorky998S
    I just watched that movie (for the umpteenth time) yesterday!! Always makes me laugh…."she's got birds!!!"
  • Watermelon? Really?

    Basenji Talk
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    8k Views
    G
    Cody will actually eat lettuce and will often beg the leftover from my salad. He snarfs down the lettuce carrot peas or whatever else is leftover. Totally freaked out my friend who was keeping him while I was away b/c she was eating a salad and he was begging. When she gave him a piece of lettuce he ate it and begged for more. She actually called me on my cell to make sure it was ok. :) He prefers ranch dressing. Thank you very much!
  • Are Basenji's really destructive?

    Basenji Talk
    43
    0 Votes
    43 Posts
    36k Views
    D
    yes my basenji just destroyed a framed picture from France, books and some other papers, and yes that was just today.
  • Frustration: Basenji lovers must read

    Basenji Talk
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    17k Views
    moetmumM
    Shango sounds like a lovely dog, I don't suppose his opinion of the daughter was very high, I wouldn't worry about her appalling manners.
  • Please read

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    QuercusQ
    I personally know a Basenji that died from raisin toxicity. It is definitely a real, and serious concern.