Skip to content

G'day from Australia.

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    Buddys PalB
    what a cute little sh–--head! yep, your getting used to him! you'll be glad you got 'stuck'. REALLY!!!!!
  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    no idea what she is, but she's very cute
  • Hello from 'Down Under'

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    K
    Hello again after a very long absence!! My 'chewing' boy now leaves his coat alone - his Mum (now spayed) wears his old hand-me-down coat, and he has his onw snazzy camoflage polar fleece jumper that I made. Can't possibly have it off thankyou!! His half-brother Jerry had his first coat on today - also a 'chewer' - we'll see if it is still on in the morning. Jerry's sister Chloe also got one on today after I managed to keep her still enough to pull it over her head!! Jerry is NOT allowed to touch it thank you!! @kiwir: The thing that annoys me is that he always wore a coat as a puppy - he's just turned 12 months now. But boys being boys, in the last few weeks he thought Mum had come back in season (she hadn't!) so in frustration he gradually chewed her coat - from the back forward - left the polar fleece around her shoulders and chest and neck. And the silly girl just let him - looking at him indulgently - "My boy" I tried making them without the polar neck (designed to stop chewing of the front) - or reinforced them with thick cotton tape - and that lasted a little longer. Now he just looks at me with those eyes saying "Hell, I'm freezing Mum!"
  • Hello, from Western Australia

    Member Introductions
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    13k Views
    wizardW
    Welcome to the group. Until you get your pup you can drool over the pictures that get posted here :)
  • G'day from Oz

    Member Introductions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    6k Views
    tanzaT
    @Jen_westoz: Thanks Pat, Its always a good sign when people are so helpful and willing to send you information about their dogs. Even without visiting Davina I am already sure she is a fine breeder and you've confimed it for me! My originally intentions of waiting a year are getting harder and harder to stick to. If only we had moved already! Well there is still hope she may still have some pups when I am ready or I will just have to be patient until next year. I would rather wait for her next litter now that I have heard such good reports than go to someone i didnt know much about. I think you are making very smart and wise decisions… and I know how hard it is to wait....:D ... I waited almost a year before I got my first Basenjis... Good luck... and I know you will be a wonderful Basenji Slave!
  • I'm new here!

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    tanzaT
    @youngandtired: Hi! Welcome to the Basenji Forum, this is a great place for chatting about our furbabies, and getting information. So, your baby is 4, please tell me that they will stop chewing, and surfing the tables. My Sahara, would be just great if she didn't do this. I love her just the same, but I have lost things I can't get back that she has chewed. My Basenjis right now range in age from 12 1/2 to 15 3/4…. :p They still surf, however they have pretty much stopped chewing... :D But that is just cause they are old.... and the teeth are not as great!