• Have a pet spayed so that there is no change of "littering" is a very good think indeed.
    We sure hope you can find out why she is having these issues.

• Hi everyone. Unfortunately the ultrasound image wasn't good enough to tell either way. We are expecting the swab results back on Monday and the vet is looking into referring us to another surgery where they have more advanced diagnostics.

In the meantime I found some other forums where people have experienced similar smelling discharge (metallic/bloody). A lot of these people found the discharge was coming from the anal glands. The vet hasn't suggested this but it sounds to me like this could be the answer. I didn't realise they could produce such noticable amount of discharge from the anus. Because it smells metallic coupled with the timing of her speying, I thought it was probably vaginal. Obviously this needs to be ruled out before any more dagnostics are done. If this is the answer, one thing still confuses me. Leela is still attracting intact males. Does anyone know whether speed bitches can still attract males?

• If there is an infection present, sometimes, males will react to the smell of the infection.

• Spayed bitches can attract males for some time after spaying but as Ivoss says it can also be the smell of the infection.

It should be quite easy to ascertain where the discharge is from. To my mind a metallic smell means fresh blood.

I do hope that you'll get results from the swabs and i'm pleased that you have an open minded vet who is prepared to use another opinion.

Suggested Topics