• The postal service, who I work for and I have lots of negative to say about them is having a p/u food from mailboxes sat.
    THIS is a good thing, food stays in the area, it helps folks who are hungry and YOU will feel good about putting a bag full of food in your mailbox or taking it down to the Post office.;)
    Please, even one or 2 cans can help someone who is doing without.
    If you can do more…PLEASE DO! its such a good cause.
    NO we don't get paid extra to p/u food. In fact, its a hardship for us..but the knowledge that someone is fed and not going hungry makes it all worth while!

• I have never heard of this being done in Canada (or my area, at least), but I think it is a wonderful thing to do. Most people will have a few cans in the back of their pantries that they can spare. Hats off to the USPS (I'm assuming, Sharron, this is your employer).

• First Basenji's

Is this happening throughout the US?

• According to the info in my mail, it will occur throughout the US on Saturday May 8

• Houston

I got a notice in the mail yesterday saying we have it here in TX too..

• Yes, I work for the Post office and its across the whole US.
    So, help someone in need..stuff your mailbox on sat, or if you have a small or locked box, you can put a bag on the ground, or leave a note for the carrier to come to the house.
    Its a good thing.

Suggested Topics