• @Patty:

I'm glad that Shelley asked - Ididn't know what a greenie was either. I was given one at a dog show in a goody bag (but didn't know what it was called)but never gave it to mine because there was no mention of ingredients.

Personally, I'm always wary of giving my dogs anything that looks as though it contains a colour. Each to his own I suppose, I'm probably too paranoic aboput these things when I look at what they do eat in the way of objects!!

I must admit to being more wary than i used to be about what we give Malaika, we are trying to give her things without a lot of additives etc.
    This is due to information and things i have learned from people on the forum.
    Sorry to lower the tone but in England a Greenie is a slang name for something horrible from up the nose :eek:

• I suppose I will continue to give them to him once and a while because it seems to help with his breath! If I discover vomiting or irregular bowels I will know something went wrong. In the mean time the vets seem to approve and they get great ratings, other than the story a few years ago.

• I looked at the ingredients and passed on it. 99% of the time the treat I give mine is pieces of baked chicken breast. The only store bought treat I give him is this from Caster & Pollux.

It's just beef, rye flour and salt.

• @thunderbird8588:

Sorry to lower the tone but in England a Greenie is…. :eek:

LOL!!! 😃

Maybe that's why dogs like to lick children's faces so much…

• I do know of a few dogs that have had major problems with them. They don't digest well and the dogs swallowed larger pieces off them. The dogs ultimately had to have surgery to remove the pieces. Don't mean to scare you, but just info I think you might want.

• Shaye doesn't like the taste of the Greenies, so I don't get them. I do get them for my cat, who likes them very much and has had no problem with them. Shaye and Gemma like to get their "greens" while walking. . . . sometimes I have to short-leash them and keep them out of the grass, because they will eat too much of whatever they find and puke it up.

• @nomrbddgs:

I do know of a few dogs that have had major problems with them. They don't digest well and the dogs swallowed larger pieces off them. The dogs ultimately had to have surgery to remove the pieces. Don't mean to scare you, but just info I think you might want.

+1 on this - I know of 2 dogs that had issues & surgery so I've never tried them. They were on the national news a couple of years ago because of the numbers of surgeries and deaths and pet owners were asking that they be pulled off the market.

• looks like Sid may have to suffer through his brushings every day instead of greenies. I don't like all the negative things I've been hearing! Eeeek.

Suggested Topics