Skip to content

2 Basenji boys in Spokane, WA shelter

Basenji Rescue

Suggested Topics

  • TX-Irving-Basenji Mix in Shelter

    Basenji Rescue
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    D
    I hope someone can go and take a look and see if he might be PB. He is urgent but is not on the euth list yet. Jennifer
  • Basenji in Shelter in Rome, GA

    Basenji Rescue
    32
    0 Votes
    32 Posts
    14k Views
    Patty MP
    Robyn, THANK YOU for the update! Do you have any leads on the needed kennel? I have several friends near Atlanta that may be able to help out… another thought: do you think the Atlanta news station would carry the story? ;) I am so glad you are dedicated to these lovely dogs. Patty.
  • Basenji girl in NJ shelter

    Basenji Rescue
    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    15k Views
    Tayda_LennyT
    Oh I'm glad to hear she is doing well. Don't feel bad, you DID get her out of that shelter and into BRAT's system….
  • Basenji boy in OH

    Basenji Rescue
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    S
    Thanks Catt, I sent this on to BRAT. Hopefully they will work with us.
  • Basenji in El Paso shelter

    Basenji Rescue
    28
    0 Votes
    28 Posts
    14k Views
    S
    It would be nice if they were charged with animal abuse. Those folks deserve to have bad things happen to them. I can only imagine what could have happened to Donko, had he not been found. SIGH!
  • Tri boy dumped at shelter

    Basenji Rescue
    32
    0 Votes
    32 Posts
    13k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    @Jylly18: She also has a small tatoo on her belly, its a circle and a cross below, the sign for female. I don't know if that was cosmetic or a breeder thing, but its something I've never seen before on another dog. My guess is that her tattoo is a sign that she's been spayed. I've heard of female dogs that were spayed at some humane society type places being tattooed so that if she winds up in a bad place again, the people taking her in will know she's been spayed. The ones I've seen have been an X in a circle. Saves doing another surgery.